Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Anxiety - wish me luck  (Read 17519 times)

Rose

Re: Anxiety - wish me luck
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2013, 09:26:42 PM »

Glad everything went well for you cubagirl! I used to have such bad panic attacks that leaving the house was nearly impossible. Now that I live in Oz I have to fly to Ireland (23 hr flight, not counting airport waiting) to see my two kids and the four grandchildren! Yes, we will do anything to see our kids and grandkids!

Joyce

« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2013, 10:20:17 PM »

Think I worry too much about the "what ifs" when I'm on my own. If things go pear-shaped when I'm with someone it doesn't feel so bad as you can share the problem. Meno consultant said my problem wasn't true anxiety when I last saw her, but situational anxiety. Daughter thinks I made that one up.  ::). Problem is situations are becoming more frequent. Hubby reckons I worry too much.

honeybun

« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2013, 10:26:29 PM »

Oh I am the queen of the what ifs so I know just how you feel. You still do really well so take the positives and hold onto them.

Men.....What do they know  ::)

Honeyb
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2013, 11:08:21 AM »

For me anxiety is physical.  It can begin with a situation, usually an event I really want to go to: but the physical over-rules the 'what if' in my mind .........

How are you this morning?   Did the girls sleep last night or where they excited tosee you?

Taz2

« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2013, 11:19:31 AM »

You can tell your daughter that you didn't make it up CG

"While anxiety can be caused due to a variety of reasons stemming from various aspects of one's life, there are certain specific situations that may catch one off guard and leave them completely flummoxed. The anxiety attacks that arise out of one experiencing a new situation or a changed one, is called situational anxiety. This is a quite common milder form of anxiety disorder and does not require any special treatment.

Situational anxiety arises due to changes in one's natural way of life, that is when one is exposed to new experiences. The only real way to get rid of this anxiety is to train oneself to get used to the new situation and get comfortable in it.

The example of one suffering from stage fright is a classic example of a case of situational anxiety. One need not consult a doctor or a psychiatrist and one does not have to take medications or undergo therapy to get rid of stage fright. One only needs to get accustomed to getting on stage and giving a talk or a performance in front of gathered audiences"

Taz x  :)

Joyce

« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2013, 03:58:19 PM »

Phew! Thanks Taz. Today's been fine. Only problem is daughter's walking speed. Her legs are 6in longer than mine, so when she walks fast I have to virtually run. She told me off for being unfit today. I explained leg length thingy, but to no avail. TBH she was stressing as little was having heart, scan as hospital had queried a possible problem just after she was born.  But all's well. She ended up with stress headache, so fortunately I hadn't made a meal out of situation. Still hurt a bit though. Now trying to figure out easiest way to FM Arena tonight.

honeybun

« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2013, 04:09:14 PM »

Oh CG, my kids are the exact same. My little legs won't keep up. I just lag behind as I am not running.
Good news that the little ones heart scan was fine. It's little wonder your daughter was a bit wound up so I guess you have to make excuses.

Hope you enjoy tonight. Who is baby sitting ?

Honeyb
X

Joyce

« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2013, 11:25:08 PM »

Daddy was babysitting, just daughter & I who went. It was amazing!

CLKD

« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2013, 11:10:14 AM »

You survived?  Enjoyed the evening?  Well Done!  Today holds ........  ???

honeybun

« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2013, 07:02:40 PM »

Hope your journey home goes well.

Honeyb
X

Joyce

« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2013, 08:05:35 PM »

Think I'll be fine tomorrow, at least for first leg of journey home. Daughter was praising me on my ability to drive to son's new home, a distance of about 8 miles. That scares the π§¥¢ out of me as a rule. Mind you haven't tried it at night yet.

Joyce

« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2013, 08:47:11 PM »

Spoke too soon! Got to Edinburgh ok. Train guys wouldn't let me catch earlier train, despite having ticket which could be used on any route. So waited for my original train, to find it was 35/40 minutes late. Now sitting thawing out on train. Still got to catch bus to pick up car then pick up hubby. May make it home before midnight!  >:(
However, my eldest granddaughter sent me text on her mum's phone saying she wished I'd come back as she liked my cuddles & kisses. So stood in station trying not to blub! Not anxious, just blooming Â¥$¢¢Π¶ off!

CLKD

« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2013, 08:48:22 PM »

I would be yacked off too!  There are far too many variations on Train tickets these days, one wants to be able to get to the Station and book the cheapest easiest route  >:(

honeybun

« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2013, 09:04:34 PM »

:hug:

Hope you get home soon, safe and sound.

Honeyb
X

Joyce

« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2013, 03:17:05 PM »

Son picked me up at station & took me to our car, then I picked up hubby. Got home at 11.30. Was a long day though. Knackered today though, as been catching up on washing etc. Left instructions for hubby on how to work washing machine - guess I was expecting too much!  ;D
Young girl at station, about 25ish, who was waiting for same train, was panicking. Fortunately her mum was with her. She too had been stuck on previous occasion. This was 3rd time I've had problems getting home. I've complained this time though. Turns out our train was late as crew were 30 minutes late for their shift! Loads of us nearly got on wrong train. Train came through 5 minutes after mine was due. Said it was going to Inverness as was my train. So we all piled on to find it was going via Perth not Aberdeen. No announcement was made to this effect. So we all managed to get off again. I panicked at that moment, I can tell you!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4