Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Painful uterus?  (Read 2467 times)

kes

Painful uterus?
« on: November 05, 2013, 01:58:39 PM »

For the first time, I haven't had a period for nearly 3 months.  Just today, I noticed this dull pain which feels like  the top of my uterus, below my belly button, when I let go my muscles to pee.  Anyone know what this might be?  Engorged, boggy uterus, I wondered?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Painful uterus?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 04:55:19 PM »

Could be the start of a urine infection?  If this is un-explained  I would go for a chat with the Practice Nurse.

kes

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 06:15:30 PM »

I did wonder about that, CLKD, but I have had urinary infections in the distant past, when passing water was always excruciating - I don't have this - nor do I have urinary frequency.  I think I might be about to have a period - it feels kind of like this-  I feel bloated.  But my body has forgotten how to do it in just 3 months!

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 11:02:01 PM »

Hi Kes - it's not that your body has forgotten but more that your hormone levels are fluctuating and not kicking in to start a period - probably. if it doesn't change in a few days it would be worth seeing your GP. It is possible to have a urinary tract infection - especially a higher tract one - with no urinary symptoms at all. This happened to me in September and I was quite ill before I realised what it was.

Taz x

kes

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 08:28:41 AM »

Thanks Taz - I will keep an eye on the situation and go to the doc if it gets any worse.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 11:05:50 AM »

Go to the GP/Practice Nurse for a chat before it becomes worse, otherwise you might not be able to get to the Surgery  ;)