Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: What painkillers do you use?  (Read 2841 times)

bev567901

What painkillers do you use?
« on: November 10, 2013, 05:37:50 PM »

What painkillers do members use for those really bad period pains that are more like contractions & have you doubled up & give you diarrhea?
Since I started my AD & benzo's I have stuck to paracetomal. I used to use co codomal & many years ago had co dydromal off the doctor. Things got better after my last 2 pregnancies hence just using co codomal until recently for those really bad days.  I am wary of taking anything too strong because of the new drugs I am on. Just thought I would ask now because I have a docs appt tomorrow & have probably had the worst p pains ever today. Everything seems to be amplifed in peri & I don't want to be like this next time. B x

rosie c

Re: What painkillers do you use?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 08:37:28 PM »

Am in peri ...and have noticed recently that my periods are now SO SO painful. And Snap.... I have the really loose bowels as well when I get bad pain. I tend to take nurofen which helps and it does bunge me up a bit down there as well ... so it does help me. Oh that... and a bloody big hot water bottle.x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 10:14:37 PM »

Bev. - go along to your Pharmacist (Lloyds?) and discuss the ins and outs of the various pain relief medications and how they will react with your current medication regime.  There is a room set aside for personal discussions. Take alone the packets to show the Pharmacist.  Some pain relief work differently in that some are relaxants against spasms, others are relief from aches and pains, some for bringing down temperatures. 

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2013, 10:20:23 PM »

Good advice CLKD - I find chemists are really good with advice on drugs, side effects and options on painkillers - sometimes better than doctors.  I think there are some good anti spasmodic painkillers that work well for period pain and a chemist will be able to tell you if these are suitable. Good luck bev567901   DG x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2013, 10:21:05 PM »

Fem???? was on the market for years, helped with spasm.  Then it was withdrawn  :-\ ....... then sold again .........