Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: New, 4 months post hysterectomy with ovaries and not sure!  (Read 3699 times)

Fanakerpan

New, 4 months post hysterectomy with ovaries and not sure!
« on: November 01, 2013, 11:47:11 AM »

Hello everyone, I think I may be starting menopause but I am not sure!

I had a hysterectomy late June and to be honest whilst I am obviously delighted not to be suffering the way I was, I have to say that I have not felt "right" since.  It has been 4 months so I am kind of thinking it cant be anything really bad wrong with me (as it would have happened by now! lol) but none the less I have some very weird symptoms. I have been to the GP and I am yet to go for bloods incuding FSH LH oestadiol level etc etc.  I retained my ovaries but everything else is gone.  I have felt off balance since 2 weeks post op, I don't have vertigo in the sense that nothing is spinning or moving I just kind of feel like I am ever so slightly off kilter, plus my head is heavy and feels full of cotton wool, I also feel like an old lady!  I am stiff as a board after a 30 minute drive, painful hips, knees, legs..........I am 38 years old.  I need to stop putting off having the blood work done I suppose for a start, but I wondered if any one else has suffered with this dizzy weird stuffy head feeling?  I really dont like it! any one else think it could be hormonal? ovary failure?  I was told it would be within 4 years, but I know some cases are much less time than this.  Any help or advice greatly appreciated!

2yong4M

Re: New, 4 months post hysterectomy with ovaries and not sure!
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 12:28:49 PM »

I had a hysterectomy last year, and i have  been lucky. I had yeast infection which has progressed to VA for which i have got a lot help from this forum  apart from that am fine . I want to assure u that you will get and share lots of information about your condition here. So, dig in and search.

Cheers

2yong4M

Joyce

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013, 12:58:44 PM »

I had same op as you Fanakerpan over 20 years ago. Didn't have dizziness. It does taske a while to feel back to normal, if there is such a thing. But was fine after 8/10 weeks. I too was in my mid 30's.

Pick up that phone and make appointment. Are you maybe scared of what might be? Anything unusual should be checked out. It may well be something like labyrinthitis, which in itself can be quite debilitating.

Can't say I noticed the aches & pains until I was a bit older, now at 57, I creak.  :) However, we're all different.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2013, 04:13:21 PM »

Tough time for you Fanakerpan.  Definitely get to the doctor and have some tests.  Your ovaries may be struggling and HRT may be the way to go.
Do the research - lots to read in the menu on the left of this screen.
Write down your questions before seeing the doctor so you don't forget anything - also try to make a longer appointment so you have time to discuss things.  Dg x

Fanakerpan

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2013, 06:54:02 PM »

Thank you ladies for your replies, I will go and get my blood tests done, it just seems weird to me that all these symptoms happened within weeks of me having the hysterectomy which is what lead me here  :)  I do actually really hope it is hormonal as that would at least give me a reason for the way I feel x  And yes I am sort of scared to get them done, I spent so much time at the hospital between April and June that I almost feel embarrassed to go back up there!

Joyce

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2013, 07:59:52 PM »

You should never feel you can't go back again, though I understand what you mean. However, if you're not right, it's best checked out. I was 10 years after hysterectomy before my ovaries had to be removed also. But that was due to a lot of adhesions causing a lot of pain.

Trey

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2013, 09:23:45 PM »

I had hyst at 32, ovaries spared and felt weird for six months.  Hang in there and know your body has gone thru a major change.  My hormones were off kilter for a long while I recovered.  Give yourself time.  Sounds like you might have sinus issues or allergies.  Tincture of time.  Best wishes.

Fanakerpan

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2013, 02:38:33 PM »

Yes I feel weird, I am going to make my appointment on Monday and go from there :-) I have also wondered if it could be sinus related?  but the stiff joints I really do think its hormones, I am so grateful to have had the surgery as I had no life at all before it, but surely its got to get better than this! lol  ::)

andius

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2013, 07:59:38 AM »

I hope the doctor visit sheds some light on things for you and you feel better soon!

Andius