Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Prempak C - advise and experiences - please  (Read 2494 times)

Harana

Prempak C - advise and experiences - please
« on: October 31, 2013, 08:27:52 AM »

Hi folks and Happy half term/halloween

Was wondering what anyone experience of prempak C was. After a horrendous month on ellest duet and after a bit of flaffing about Dr prescribed prempak. First month so far so good didn't have any nausea, dizziness or crying breakdowns. I've just started 2nd packet tab 2 and I haven't had a period yet - is this normal? Don't even feel as though one is looming? Any advice would be much appreciated.

I haven't slept very well last 2 nights and beginning to feel 'strange' again please don't tell me my miracle month is over!

Another thing is I have noticed my knees and finger joints are very painful especially in the morning - is this connected to the meno? I'm 41

On a plus note I went to Action Cancer and had my first mammogram done and they were lovely. Going to see me every 2 years until I'm 50 and NHS screening takes over!

Thanks everyone xx

Morwenna

Re: Prempak C - advise and experiences - please
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, 10:28:35 AM »

I've been on Prempak C for two and a half years and a period usually arrives on day four of the next pack if that's any help. I find the Progestogen (brown) tabs help me sleep better so your insomnia might be due to withdrawal of those? It's generally advised to persevere for three months with what's been prescribed as it can take that long to 'settle' in to a regime? My experience on it has been a bit up and down and occasionally I wonder whether a different HRT would suit me better but I'm wary of changing and am inclined to think 'better the devil you know'. Sometimes when I'm feeling below par or have aches and pains I wonder whether it's attributable to the HRT, menopause, or simply 'getting older' - unfortunately there's no real way of telling!

Harana

Re: Prempak C - advise and experiences - please
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 09:00:45 AM »

Thanks Morwenna for your reply and yep period arrived with A bang.on day 4. Still feeling a bit 'strange' but going to stick these ones out. I totally understand the concept of better the devil you know with these HRT tabs the truly horrible experience on ellest duet made me wonder if they were worth it at all. Fingers crossed things settle again in a few days as at least I can function on them :)
R x