Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Quiet Life ?  (Read 4083 times)

Mrs Bennet

Quiet Life ?
« on: October 31, 2013, 09:02:47 AM »

Has any one tried Quiet Life tablets? feel I need something I am very stressed at the moment, I have been to docs & she has given me propranalol 10mg twice a day....I have taken this in the past however  not helping that much so far. Would be grateful for any advice Love Mrs B xx

Dancinggirl

Re: Quiet Life ?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, 12:18:34 PM »

I take herbal sleeping remedies occasionally which have hops in them and find it relaxing.
Stress is really exhausting  :-X
Are you able to share some of your stress factors with us? Sometimes having a good sounding board can help.
DG x

Mrs Bennet

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, 06:00:17 PM »

Hi Dancinggirl, ooo stress factors how long have you got ;D quite a long story..... my Dad died last year & my mum suffers with bipolar & has done so  my whole life.  After a very very stressful time she is now in a care home, this was a decision made by her mental health team along with social services. Mum doesn't want to be where she is & blames me for it even though I had no say whatsoever in this decision. Whilst I am lucky to have a very supportive family it has been a very difficult time for us all. There are also a lot of finacial complications which isn't helping. xx

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, 10:06:38 PM »

Oh Mrs Bennet - I can totally relate. I have a family filled with all kinds of health issues - I won't expand - also a very long story. At our time of life a combination of stresses all seem to come together.  Financial problems are really the final straw for me.
Mental health problems like your mother's are probably the most difficult things to handle.
You are not your mother's keeper and if you don't take care of yourself you will be no use to anybody. It sounds as though you and your lovely family all need a treat.
I'm afraid i'm not sure what propranolol is - I assume it is a AD.  If it is then they take time to work.
I'm not sure how much you will get from herbal remedies - i tried so many for meno symptoms with no benefit but I find the Herbal Nytol is helpful at times. I sometimes think that instead of spending on herbal remedies you could just treat yourself to something that gives you a mental lift -  a new haircut, a quiet coffee with a friend in a cafe - spoil yourself occasionally.

Keep posting.
Take care :hug:

Mrs Bennet

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2013, 10:16:57 PM »

Ah thankyou for your kind words  :-* Propranalol is a beta blocker so helping with palputations etc. it is non addictive and at such a low dose can be easily stopped. Guess I will plod on & hope to feel better soon. I have another appointment with the doctor in a month for a reveiw. xx

Dancinggirl

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2013, 10:20:00 PM »

I'm not surprised your blood pressure is up.  Actually, I've heard that even a low dose of betas can make one feel a bit better.
i wish you well.  Dg x