Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: New Member saying hellp....  (Read 2844 times)

sallybear

New Member saying hellp....
« on: October 28, 2013, 07:48:45 PM »

Hi there, came across this site while searching the internet for some answers regarding some changes to my body and mind lately. This has been increasing slowly over the last year but in the last few months has accelerated to a degree where I have decided I am going to have to do something about it.

I'm only 37 and have a 15 year old daughter. I haven't had any periods for 6 months and no I am not pregnant. I have been suffering palpitations daily, terrible hot flushes, and even worse night ones too, have developed a beard under my chin (so embarassing!) and my libido has disappeared. Also I have complete blanks like as if you have drunk too much the night before, just total mental blanks and words don't seem to come out properly sometimes, I just can't remember the words.

After getting a hot flush at my mums she said it was as if I was going through the menopause and I wondered if this could be the case?

Hoping to hear about others with similar issues, as to whether this could be early menopause or just me being a moaner, and any advice people might have for me.

Thanks for reading,
Sallybear 

honeybun

Re: New Member saying hellp....
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 07:55:02 PM »

:welcomemm:

It really does sound as if you are in peri. You are very young so it is very very important that you go to your GP to discuss your options. HRT really is a must at your age to protect your heart and bones and prevent vaginal atrophy.
Of course it is a personal choice and not everyone decides that HRT is for them.
Have a look at the green menu on the left. It will tell you what's available to you.
Try to find out as much as you can before you visit your GP as some are reluctant.
Look around and ask as many questions as you like. We are all here to help and support. We have a few laughs along the way too.

Honeyb
X

andius

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 08:23:34 PM »

Hearty welcome to you sallybear!!!!! :)

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 10:04:33 PM »

Hi and Welcome Sallybear
I became peri-menopausal in my mid 30s.  Get yourself checked at the doctors a.s.a.p.
If you are going through the menopause I would strongly recommend you take HRT at your age as you are far too young to be without oestrogen.
Soak up all the info on this site - read all the stuff in the menu on the left of this site. 
Keep with us and we will be here to answer your questions and support you.
DG x

sallybear

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 07:04:07 AM »

Thanks for the very warm welcome everyone. I've had issues around hormones most of my life really, I suffered from the most horrendous periods as a young woman, with murderous PMS, I was put on the combined Pill by my GP but had terrible migraines with loss of vision and was told I couldn't ever take the combined Pill. I had a daughter at 22 and went straight onto the Mirena Coil afterwards, I have been on this repeatedly for 15 years. I had to stop this form of treatment as I was having continual infections and was put onto Cerazette Mini Pill. I have about 2 periods per year and normally a period comes with vivid horrendous nightmares and dreams for a few days.

For the last 6 months I have been suffering from these night issues every single night. I wake so early each day, but I don't get tired throughout the day so It isn't really a problem.

I guess I would like to know if it is Menopause, or if it is something else really. I didn't have a single hot flush all of yesterday though, it's really strange, it can be 6 or 7 times a day and all night, or not at all. I'm worried the doctor is going to think I'm just being silly.

I have looked into my family history but my mum had a hystorectomy at 21 and has been on HRT her whole life, her sister the same (cancer) and my aunt recently had one too at 45.

Dyan

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2013, 08:26:57 AM »

Hi sallybear :welcomemm:

manic

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2013, 11:00:36 AM »

Hi

Your history sounds familiar. I too had severe migraines with loss of vision and pelvic infections preventing a simple contraceptive answer but my migraines never left me once my first daughter was born - regardless of contraception. As for the mental blanks and loss of words - OMG, I thought I was going mad and it made me so depressed and I felt so useless. Get yourself on HRT - I am not sure it will work as i have only just started taking it myself but I certainly feel better knowing i am not going totally bonkers

sallybear

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2013, 12:56:16 PM »

Thanks Manic,

It has left me depressed too, for which I am being treated and I am sick of meds and feeling confused and being 'picked on and made fun of' by family members who think they being nice trying to lift my mood but are essentially just being mean.

Sitting in work on my lunch actually having a flush as we speak. Arghhhhhhh!!