Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 38

Author Topic: feeling dreadful  (Read 165322 times)

Dyan

Re: feeling dreadful
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2013, 04:06:17 PM »

Mags,it's still very early days yet for the setraline to start working so hang on in there.
I wish sometimes that I was one of those people who have said to me,"I've never had depression" and they haven't a clue what you are going on about.

I just want to get back to myself.I know when I'm not 'me' and it is sooooo horrible to go through but I know I WILL get there and so will you.

Kathleen

« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2013, 04:17:38 PM »

Hello Mags,
I can't add anything to all the great advice you've been getting but I just wanted to let you know I've been thinking of you and wish you well.
This ride mother nature gives us is a cruel one but I think without these powerful hormones we wouldn't be able to have our children and that, in my opinion would be even worse.
Take care.
K.

Londongirl

« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2013, 04:27:36 PM »

What a coincidence  :'(

I was just about to post up how depressed I am today, can't stop crying, can't function and am so close to ditching my HRT but fearful as when I stopped back in June, the hot flushes and hot flushes that come with a horrid (I feel ill all over ) feeling came back that I went back on HRT but............ my low moods are beginning to outweigh the good ones...........

I have been on sertraline last year........... I was getting depressed whilst on HRT and the doctors prescribed that - their opinion being that HRT cannot cause me depression (now I know different!). 

I was on 50mg and whilst it did help with my depression, I have to say I didn't like the laziness and tiredness it caused me.  I found it hard to get up in the mornings (I still work) and whilst the depression went, it sort of made me robot like - emotionless in some ways, which I don't think is a good thing in hindsight.  Yes I also had nausea but that went after a while but the constant tiredness was getting me down!  It's like a catch 22, depression gone, tiredness set in so tiredness made me down! 

So I came off it and persisted with the HRT - femoston Conti - I came off it for a month but felt so bad so went back on it again but am so so close to stopping...........

I saw a doctor last week whom I asked about HRT/femoston conti.  I said will this low mood go possibly if I persist with it for the six months recommended? will the breakthrough bleeding go also as I am now almost 5 months and still bleeding. 

He looked vague to be honest, vague and I just gave up and left.  I asked him about cream - utrogestan and he said Oh its used more in France............

I hope you find something that works.  Don't want to put a downer on the sertraline as it did take the edge off me and did get rid of the depression but................ I felt a bit too detached and too unemotional and not sure that was a good way to feel?  Also the constant fatigue didn't go. 

Take care
Anna

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2013, 04:31:08 PM »

HORMONES - can make you weepy ........... dependant on where you are in your cycle or which HRT you take.  Break through bleeding should be that, not continual?  I would change your GP Londongirl  ;) or ask for a referral to a meno-clinic.  "Used in France' is less than helpful  >:(

bev567901

« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2013, 04:37:17 PM »

Mags don't worry about the diazepam my gp allows up to 8mg a day & the CBT team upped it to up to 15 mg a day when they increased my sertraline. As soon as the stash of 5mg ones run out from CBT I will have to manage on the 8mg or less hopefully. I am on 100mg of sertraline a day its harsh on your stomach that is why it makes you feel sick. Hopefully the side effects will wear off & with them the sick feeling you had before too. Don't feel guilty about anything, I have recently missed seeing my daughter get sworn in at brownies, her tooth falling out when I was in bed, they went no where at half term. Whatever we are missing which made me feel so tearful at first is for the greater good of geting better & we will get better it just needs a bit of time.
I have an antedote to nausea today, a tooth that has flared up before is giving me major gip today think it might be an absess. Its absolutely killing me. I am swilling with listerene in the hope I can make it settle as I can't do the dentist atm but I guess I will have to tomorrow if necessary. Funny how you think ok today was better then this happens, life eh! 
Anyway just take it easy, you might just have 5 mins of good tomorrow & if you don't there is always the next day. Don't feel guilty about anything, meds, staying in bed etc etc think of all the times you have worked your socks off over the years. Bev x

mags

« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2013, 05:23:56 PM »

Thankyou to you all for your very kind replies and I feel sorry that you are all feeling bad too. To Londongirl-I am still having awful hot flushes after stopping the HRT and feel very anxious  and unwell before they come on- it really is horrible isn't it-when my bleeding wouldn't stop after 5 months my GP said  to stop the femoston straight away. Your GP sounds useless-I would change to a female one if you can.
Hope the toothache improves Bev and thanks to Kathleen  and Dyan  and all of you for being so lovely :thankyou: :thankyou:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2013, 07:53:35 PM »

Oh Bev. toothache on top of everything else  :-\

bev567901

« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2013, 08:13:33 PM »

CLKD its certainly overridden everything else! So that tells me something. Tooth abcess pain is the worst :(

Dyan

« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2013, 08:53:15 AM »

Mags- thinking of you :hug:

mags

« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2013, 09:55:55 AM »

Thanks Dyan- thinking of you tooxx

mags

« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2013, 10:21:05 AM »

Hi Londongirl- hope you are feeling a little better today and thinking of you-Love Magsxx

butterfly13

• the only way is up
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2013, 06:41:07 PM »

Hi mags I totally understand how dreadful those feelings can be,i cannot comment on meds such ads,but as i have had anxiety attacks throughout my life,for me its reared its ugly head  since meno , i  wonder if you have ever had any offers of relaxation ,coping skills information or group support to help with anxiety,panic,i know meno and meds can interfere but its worth considering  that what your experiencing can stem in part from the fear of it,your dr should be able to refer you ,remember nothing lasts forever ,i hope it gets easier soon,

lynn :)

bev567901

« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2013, 09:29:24 AM »

Hi Mags, How is the Sertraline going? Bev x

mags

« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2013, 04:01:45 PM »

Hi to Butterfly and Bev- Am starting cbt next w eek -had been waiting a while, and went to see GP today about the sertraline- I have had the dose increased to 100mgs so hoping it will be ok- hoping you are both improving-Love Magsx

bev567901

« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2013, 06:31:46 PM »

Brilliant! The side effects will not be any worse than you have  experienced before so don't worry on that score. I woke up today feeling more positive & bright, I am 1 day off 6 weeks & 15 days of that is on the 100mg. I looked back in my journal & my first entry saying I felt brighter was day 15 when I was still on the 50mg.....Spooky!   So expect a possible few more rough days & take your diazepam if you need it. Keep telling yourself it will work, I am not giving up on it. CBT will help too so all in all I think by next week you will have made massive progress. I can't remember what your side effects are.....mine are/where  gastro upset, vivid dreams, hot in bed, insomnia  headaches, feeling down. The dreams & over hot in bed are gone now & the feeling down must be going I think. You don't want to say today is good in case tomorrow isn't. Let me know if you are worried at all about the increase, I was & it was completely unfounded. I am so glad I did. B x
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 38