Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: First proper hot flush!  (Read 2663 times)

bev567901

First proper hot flush!
« on: November 17, 2013, 02:40:57 PM »

I hadn't had a hot flush yet, I get hot yes but not how some of the ladies here describe. I wasn't sure this Summer as it was hot weather at times & we have glass roofs but I did think I had been hotter than normal, no heating doors open at back of the house in Novemeber all day. Anyway just had the first biggy I look like I have been on the beach all day with no suncream  ;D  I have knitted my way through it whilst watching   http://www.bbc.co.uk/i/b03hmgz2/ on the bbc i player.   Recommend the programme been watching it over a few days now.      Here's to saving money on our gas bills  ::)

toffeecushion

Re: First proper hot flush!
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 02:51:40 PM »

I think I may have had my first one last night too.  I felt quite dizzy and very hot and sweaty, when I looked at myself in the mirror I was bright red.  Not looking forward to this  :)

bev567901

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 03:02:42 PM »

It was very strange but think I have been hotter generally over a year now as I am the first one complaining of the cold normally. Maybe they have been little ones until today. Compared to my other symptoms so far I would rather have the flush but I guess they could get worse :hotflash:  In some ways the sooner they come the sooner they go...... we can hope! x

toffeecushion

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2013, 03:22:39 PM »

I noticed when I was at work on Friday that I felt a couple of little rushes of heat and a bit of a sweat, kind of like when you get flustered and I did wonder. 

Joyce

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2013, 04:08:39 PM »

Without HRT I would get alternating hot/cold flushes. When I was hot I was stripping off wishing for a cold one & when I was cold piling on the layers wishing for a hot one.

Not sure about the sooner they come, the sooner they go though. We can but dream.

honeybun

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2013, 04:17:16 PM »

Mine always started around the chest area and washed up and over my head leaving sweat running down my back. I felt like I was going to spontaneously combust but when I looked in the mirror my face never changed colour one bit.
I could feel then coming a few seconds beforehand.

It's a very strange sensation and not a nice one. They soon fell into a routine and I knew what triggered them.

Honeyb
X

bev567901

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2013, 05:09:28 PM »

That is interesting Cuba Girl because I thought I was also getting cold spells too I couldn't possibly be in the hot flush department yet.
Toffee Cushion I know what you mean, if something really stressful happened that would be the only time I would see damp armpits but this year I have been experiencing that quite a bit in no stress situations. I am not a sweaty person. Glad I don't work in an environment it would be obvious, that would be hard. Lots of ladies must do in a uniform that shows x