Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Itchy skin  (Read 9613 times)

honeybun

Re: Itchy skin
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2013, 05:57:14 PM »

No I don't think so.

Fish oils, primrose oil, oily fish. A good diet is what SL advise I think.

Better let her answer for herself though  ;D

Honeyb
X

Hurdity

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2013, 10:23:16 PM »

Hi lorrapaw

Not sure how often you shower - but if every day I would stop - it isn't necessary! Let your skin rest and build up it's own protection. Maybe when you do - just be very quick and only use tepid water and no soaps or gels. You can wash yourself for the important bits  ;). I think people bath and shower too much these days!! Not sure if this is any help.....

Hurdity  x

andius

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2013, 06:31:14 AM »

I only shower with soap every other day...and maybe go 3 days in winter.  I shower with water-only in between and usually not very hot water.  My hair and skin are so dry that they cannot take the soap too often.  I had them check me for the auto-immune diseases that dry you out, but I don't have it luckily....can't imagine that too!

Rowan

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2013, 09:09:22 AM »

Tingly only use baby oil on your skin, its not for ingesting.

I have been lucky with my skin and bathing twice a day has never dried it out, its taking long hot baths and soaking that can be detrimental, though can be very good for muscular pain.

Drinking plenty water and oiling skin when its damp after a bath seals in moisture and stops dehydration, and plumps the skin, also try using Baby Bath if its gentle enough for babies it will be gentle enough for menopause skin.

For ladies with very dry skin I recommend Johnsons Baby Oil Gel especially after shaving legs.

Bathing daily might not be necessary but for me its good for the soul and I love my baby soft fresh clean skin smell.

I never use soap though.

Something that I do indulge in and is sheet heaven for the skin is L'OCCITANE Huile De Douche Shower Oil and Huile Soapless Supple Skin Oil, once you have tried them its hard going back to a usual routine, but as they are expensive, I save for best.

The Supple skin oil is fantastic for the neck.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 09:52:23 AM by silverlady »

andius

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2013, 10:58:24 PM »

Thanks SL....can easily get the bath oil gel here.  I'm going to try it.

andius

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2013, 07:03:02 AM »

SL

I got some of the bath oil gel....they only had lavendar scented but I liked it.  It doesn't seem as greasy as baby oil....seems to go into skin a little better for me.

Thank you so much for the suggestion!  :-*

A

lesley998

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2013, 12:22:38 PM »

I have never been so itchy in my life since starting meno.  Itchy legs in/after the bath...so bad I could rip my skin off.   Soles of the feet - I have to stop and take boots off to scratch no matter where I am.  I also get a sudden itch right in the middle of my back where I can't reach (especially as I had two frozen shoulders, and still do not have full movement) and it drives me MAD in bed at night.    I bought four backscratchers from Poundland, keep one by the bed, one in the kitchen, one in the car and one in my handbag!!!

andius

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2013, 05:05:26 PM »

Whoops! I was referring to the Johnson BABY oil gel..... Guess I am really missing my baths these days....... :P

A

andius

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2013, 06:04:40 PM »

Katsclaws

Is yours worse when in sun or taking warm shower or bath, does it make your skin turn red even before you scratch?  Does it come on quick all over like ****ly, them turn to intense itching/burning real fast? That is how mine is and it is helped by Hrt.

ANdius

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2013, 10:31:24 AM »

Fortunately after a very good scratch the itcnyess goes off and doesn't keep me awake though I do wake sometimes with one heel scratching the instep of the other foot  ::)
Pages: 1 [2]