Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: worried  (Read 3287 times)

rita

worried
« on: October 31, 2013, 05:12:52 PM »

Hi my doctor has just prescribed hormonal vaginal cream to help with va symptoms
Has anyone tried just using a small amount on the outside instead of internally using the applicator.  I'm just slightly worried about the breast cancer risk as my mother died at 58
Your views would be much appreciated . :)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 08:13:31 PM by rita »

Hurdity

Re: virginal cream
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, 07:19:43 PM »

Hi rita
 :welcomemm:

Sorry to hear about your mum - that's very sad.

Lots of us use Gynest cream on the exterior as well as the interior. However to get the full benefit you shpould use the applicator to give yourself a proper dose - every day for 14 days and then twice a week afterwards.

There is absolutely no evidence that using Gynest cream, which contains estriol - puts you at risk of breast cancer, The leaflets for all HRT products all contain the same warnings - which were based on a study of women using full HRT - and specifically conjugated equine oestrogens and a synthetic progestogen. The estriol in Gynest is bio-identical, very weak and there will be minimal absorption into your system.

So don't worry, go ahead and use it and hopefully you will feel the benefit.

Maybe change the title of this thread?

Hurdity x

rita

Re: worried
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, 08:21:06 PM »

Hi Hurdity,
Thanks so much for the advice feel better now and shall go ahead with it tonight. :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2013, 12:59:21 PM »

Your GP/Practice Nurse should have discussed the pros and cons before giving you the prescription  ::) - on the product that I use it states that no one with a history of breast disease should use it! but I did, have breast surgery, in 1996 - but I need to have relieve from the symptoms now, not worry about next year  ::)

Ju Ju

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2013, 01:55:58 AM »

I've been told that if only one close member has had breast cancer, then you do not have an increased risk. My sister died of breast cancer, but there are no other close family members, who have had breast cancer and that her cancer is considered a 'blip'. Doesn't feel like a 'blip' though does it? Best wishes, Ju Ju

rita

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2013, 08:50:22 AM »

Thanks for all your advice ladies. I feel more positive about using the cream now. :)
I let you know how it goes. 

Dancinggirl

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2013, 11:08:50 AM »

Do check out the thread 'The Burning club' under Private Lives.  I've posted a reply I got from  Dr. Heather Currie regarding the burning & VA.
DG x