Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Trust me I'm a Doctor TV programme  (Read 13915 times)

Rowan

Re: Trust me I'm a Doctor TV programme
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2013, 09:33:47 AM »

Just watched both interviews with both Professors twice over, and I can say is that I some of us could have been asking the questions and doing some probing! there were lots of holes.

Especially the Prof against HRT. I was also surprised that I quite like Prof Stud, he at least did not come across as so pompous.

I can see that men of their age want to protect and defend their lives work.

Hurdity

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2013, 08:48:10 PM »

I really can't see the  point of two so called eminent professors speaking for and against HRT.  These two men have extreme views on HRT.

Just to say Prof Studd's views are not extreme but I presume you mean that they were at each end of the spectrum? I haven't seen the programme but Prof Studd's views, as I think I said are based on a life-time's research into female hormones and all of it reputable, academic study. It has not been discredited in any way as the major WHI study has been.

It takes so little estrogen to protect bones

Just to point out that the protective effect of oestrogen is dose dependent and while research shows that as little as 12.5 mcg daily dose ( through patch) can give some protection, the minimum dose licensed for protection against osteoporosis is 50 mcg patch.

I was also surprised that I quite like Prof Stud, he at least did not come across as so pompous.

Haha - glad you liked him - I reallymust watch this as I have never seen him in action only gone by what some others have said about his manner as a consultant sometimes!

Hurdity x

Rowan

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2013, 09:13:31 AM »

I stand by what I said about the two Professors (also Studd can dismiss sometimes, women who do not respond to his regimes)

I should have said in my opinion that I thought his TV persona was more watchable then the other guy.

I have had  an MRI scan, Xray and DEXA and my bones are fine on 0.25 patch of estrogen, I have taken this dosage for over 15 years.

To my mind the two interviews only served to make women more confused and worried about HRT and the decision to take it or not.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 09:44:54 AM by silverlady »

honeybun

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2013, 10:10:43 AM »

I did not watch it so can't comment. I just wish more women were actively involved.
No matter how eminent the doctors they cannot possibly understand what women go through.
I know our Dr Currie is involved in research but there seems to be a sad lack of well informed women.

Honeyb
X

Taz2

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2013, 10:16:06 AM »

You could watch it via the link I posted Honeybun.  44 minutes in to the programme.

Taz  :)

Rowan

« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2013, 10:24:50 AM »

Totally totally agree with you HB.

Women are all different and don't always respond as they are told they should with the theory and scientific papers. we all respond in our own unique way to drugs and regimes.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 10:57:15 AM by silverlady »

honeybun

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2013, 11:22:59 AM »

I think a new law should be passed that only allows menopausal women to treat menopausal women  ;D

Makes perfect sense to me.

Honeyb
X
Pages: 1 [2]