Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: HRT Patches  (Read 3683 times)

Jube

HRT Patches
« on: October 29, 2016, 08:55:45 AM »

This may seem stupid question !!  When you use patches what happens when you shower/swim etc?. I was thinking of patches as my doctor thinks there is a faint chance that my high liver test results and hrt (elleste duet) are linked. Anyone come off tablets and gone to patches ? How did you get on ?

Annie0710

Re: HRT Patches
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2016, 09:01:28 AM »

I was on hrt pills for years then went to patch

This is only my experience but I changed to elleste patch as I was on elleste pill, huge migraine for 4 days and had to take the patch off, tried another and it came unstuck, so tried estradot and can't fault it. Great adhesion and no side effects plus it's the smallest in size compared to others

X

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2016, 08:18:50 AM »

Patches stay stuck on as long as you don't keep rubbing the area where they are attached and do not use creams and lotions on the skin. They need to be placed away from waistbands/knicker line. I use butt cheek which seems to work fine. Occasionally they have come off after a bath (but I rarely have one!), or in the hot sun when sitting on a chair and move about a bit but otherwise fine. Ditto as Annie01710 - I use Estradot - very small and stick well.

Hurdity x

Jube

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2016, 09:11:09 AM »

Thank you for your replies ladies x