Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Irregular Heartbeat and palpitations ugh....  (Read 3433 times)

Jane44

Irregular Heartbeat and palpitations ugh....
« on: October 22, 2013, 07:08:34 AM »

Hi Ladies
Well I think I am in that limbo state of Perimenopause but don't like this irregular heart rate thing....
I have had a few episodes over the last 6 months and changing periods, lasting longer but light and taking ages to finish completely with the brown loss at the end taking a week to clear up !!! then yesterday started with the irregular heartbeat no pain just an awareness of missed beats or there could be extra ones in there who knows....
Well has anyone else out there had a similar experience ??? Help x

honeybun

Re: Irregular Heartbeat and palpitations ugh....
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 07:59:58 AM »

I suffered palpitations for a long while too. It's horrible. I started on a beta blocker for anxiety and that has helped them a lot.
You should get it checked out though. We blame everything on meno, and it usually is but a check up would do no harm.
If you do a search you will see how many women have this.

It really freaks me out if I get them when I am driving as I don't like driving anyway.

Honeyb
X

crazydaisy

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 10:00:58 AM »

Hello,
I had palpitations and missed heart beats too, I got so worried about them I went to see my GP.

I had an ECG and full blood tests done and only thing that was flagged was my hormone levels ( peri ) and I had high blood pressure too. I got my BP controlled, and went on HRT.

I felt better very quickly and the palpitations stopped.

maybe visit your GP and get a bit of an MOT done, its quite normal to suffer from palpitations in peri...its just not nice. I hope you feel better soon.

lily

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 03:01:57 PM »

I've experienced these too, not so much lately but hot flushes have also been absent - maybe they go together?  Don't think my body can make up it's mind whether to plunge right in or just dip a toe in now and again  :-\ ;D

Fintimara

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 07:22:04 PM »

I've had these ectopic beats for some time now, but they got significantly worse in the last year (along with other meno symptoms!).

Because I'd had enough of them, my GP put me on a very low dose of beta blockers. I get no side effects and no more ectopics. Such a relief. Get them checked out, but don't worry about them.

Winterose

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 08:10:48 PM »

Have put this on another post but in case you missed it , my palpitations and wobbly heart beats were a combination of low thyroid and hormones,