Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Eczema and horrendously dry patches under my eyes!  (Read 7859 times)

Londongirl

Eczema and horrendously dry patches under my eyes!
« on: October 08, 2013, 09:34:10 PM »

Anyone having this on meno?

A couple of years back I started to get very dry patches under my eyes.  My gp prescribed hydrocortizone (which apparently should not be used on the face!)

It's now come back again and this time they gave me a stronger cream which I have now stopped using as it's not helping, in fact my skin appears to be getting worse, only on one side of my face, now blotchy, itchy and some very dry patches.  Under the eyes it gets so bad, it almost swells up too  :'(

I guess it could be a sign of age which I have to accept (am 54) but wonder if anyone else has had this and if so, what you have used. 

Sometimes it also really itches me and I have to try and desist from scratching. 

I am on femoston conti. 

Thanks
Anna

Rowan

Re: Eczema and horrendously dry patches under my eyes!
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 08:48:33 AM »

I am sure its not a sign of age Londongirl but do think you need to see your doctor again and be referred to a Dermatologist.

It could be a form of Rosacea

http://www.drnicklowe.com/article/rosacea

or even an allergy.

Hydrocortizone thins the skin and can counterproductive.

There are natural creams for eczema  you could use but I think you need to find out what is causing this.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 08:50:58 AM by silverlady »

Joyce

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 09:22:17 AM »

I get dry patches in the corners of my eyes from time to time. Pharmacist wasn't much help. However, I bought some Simple eye cream & it works a treat for me. Soothes the area and helps the itch.

honeybun

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 09:23:19 AM »

My son had this as a small child and the cortisone cream they gave him bleached the colour out of his skin and made him look like a panda.

I have the most terrible contact dermatitis on my hands and I have found a wonder cure that can also be used on eczema.
It's called Derma Shield. I get it from amazon and its like a foam that you apply. It's not greasy and absorbs quickly.
I have tried everything and this actually works. It is available on prescription but few GPs have heard of it.
If you have a Google you will see the details.

My dermatitis has been much worse since meno. I got to the point where my hands were cracked and bleeding all the time. This stuff has been so good for me.

Honeyb
X

Rowan

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 11:14:02 AM »

Thank you so much for that info on Derma Shield honeybun, My niece suffers from eczema, she is 17 and all the creams I have sent her have not worked so well ( she will scratch and make it worse) so I will have a look on amazon.

I get patches now and then usually in Winter when the air is dry and I am stressed over something.

honeybun

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2013, 12:40:46 PM »

One of the reasons I find it so good is after you put it on it keeps on delivering  moisture even after you wash. It's difficult when you have a problem with your hands. My hands are in and out of water all the time and this is like wearing invisible gloves.
It's not cheap but it lasts for a very long time.

I hope it helps your niece SL.

Honeyb
X

ladybird52

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2013, 12:42:12 PM »

I have also suffered with eczema on and off all my life and particularly on the face.  A few years ago the chemist recommended Eucerin Dry Skin facial cream and it has been fantastic and has totally cleared it up.  I don't use soap at all on my face either as it can cause irritation.  Anyway the cream has worked for me.  You can buy it via Amazon or in Boots. Hope you get it sorted.

Londongirl

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2013, 03:43:32 PM »

AWFUL MORNING LADIES!

Firstly thanks for your replies.............. am at work so will read up properly later, but am in a bit of a state!

I woke up this morning and my eyelids were sunken/swollen and both eyes (just around ) the skin was so red and dry.

Went to doctors who put me on prednisolone................. 5mg (steroid)

I seriously hope it's ok to take it with Femoston Conti - I took it and felt a bit spaced out!  (Actually have to take 6 tablets a day for 5 days, 6 in one go).

I hate the thought of taking steroids and hate just treating symptons but not defining what the cause is.

I was more worried about getting to work so just took the damn steroids as the doctor said they would work in 24 hours probably. 

My eyes have got a lot better (plus thanks to make up!) but I really feel out of sorts and am fed up and worried. 

I just think this is all hormonal and feel like insisting I am referred to a proper meno clinic. 

I am post meno but have never had my levels checked. 

Thanks for all the lovely replies, will read properly later at home. 

Anna

leony

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2013, 04:37:39 PM »

I developed this a while back GP gave me a load of different creams and lotions they worked for so long and then stopped so read on line somewhere about Aveeno you can buy it in any chemist supermarket it is brilliant, completely natural ingredients. GP now gives it to me on prescription as we don't have to pay for ours in N Ireland

dylan

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2013, 03:50:11 PM »

hi  ;)

for years i did , suffer , with . some think , like what you have ,explained on my , eye lids , and around the eye area . nothink worked i tried . so the last time , i had it come back , as it comes and goes . i looked on line came across ,  this cream , mario badescu , cream . as soon as i used it , it started too work . my sister allso , has the same problem , and its worked for her . plz check it out , as i know its , very painful , and a misery :(
it costs about £20. its worth every penny :)