Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: bath or shower??  (Read 5033 times)

anderina

bath or shower??
« on: October 20, 2013, 04:07:12 PM »

Hello everyone!

Can anyone advise is it better to have a shower rather than a bath for VA?

I have a bath every day(dont like showers).

Or does it not really matter?  :-\

xxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: bath or shower??
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 04:30:31 PM »

I was told to avoid baths for 4-5 weeks - but didn't.  Made sure that I didn't use any soaps on my personal places and shook myself dry rather than rubbing with a towel.  Grandma used bicarb of soda for everything, even putting us in the bath which looked like it was full of flour  ::)

Limpy

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 05:28:07 PM »

I think the general advice for "lady bits" (e.g VA or Cystitus) is shower rather than bath.
I would suppose, as long as the bath isn't too hot or scented things may be ok, just be careful.

LindaMiles

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2013, 06:00:04 PM »

Hi Anderina

I think its dependent on the individual, personally i have gone back to showering as i had decided over 3/4 weeks to bath at night and sitting in the water after washing would make my skin itch I use Dove soap and found that VA got worse.  So now showering and it seems to of got better also i am careful how I wash my hair too.

good luck

honeybun

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2013, 08:41:01 PM »

Definitely shower. Sitting in water is not good and very drying. I suppose if you were just in and out but I would not be going for a long soak.
Don't put anything in the water especially bicarb of soda. :o

Honeyb
X

andius

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2013, 01:55:48 AM »

The first 20 years I lived in my house I took about 5 showers cuz' I am a "bath girl".

Since VA, I cannot take a bath anymore and I am heartbroken about it.  A bath will set me back and really causes burning that lasts 3 or 4 days.  I think it gives me infections.

I can only use Dove for sensitive skin in the shower and very little "suds" carefully placed.

OH!!!!!!!how I miss my baths!

Tingly

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2013, 04:09:55 PM »

Just wonder also if bathing washes any treatment away ie vagifem ?
X

andius

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2013, 04:18:20 PM »

Tingly, I wonder that also.  Plus, any soap at all that gets in the bath water can increase the pH of the water and if it gets inside you, might change that delicate balance in the vagina that occurs with menopause.

I would like to just soak in a bath with no soap, but I am too afraid to try it because of my experience.

I cannot go swimming or sit in a hot tub either.  Strangely, going into the ocean doesn't bother me!

Tingly

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2013, 05:50:56 PM »

Andius, wonder if its the salt in seawater?
I love my bath also...have started having bath on the morning of the night that i have vagifem

Am gonna try the third of way in technique tonight

Are u on oral hrt andius?

andius

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2013, 07:38:39 PM »

Yes....I just HAD to as 3x/w vagifem wasn't doing it anymore and I had other problems too, but I was putting them way up high as far as I could and I also think they were not dissolving well....always saw some on applicator when put the new one in.  You can tell because it is a little gritty. I take the 75patch and micronized progesterone.

It's hard to figure out where the lower 1/3 is....I'm just doing about half in what I was doing before.  I was never able to skip a dose of vagifem without feeling it, so I should know if the lower positioning helps real soon.

Let me know how you get on, OK?

A

anderina

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2013, 08:54:46 AM »

thanks for all the replies, I have started having my bath in the morning instead of night and find this better - at the moment -
my itchiness etc was worse when i went to bed (after bath!) but i have found it to be a bit better since switching bath times - fingers (and everything else) crossed! Will see how it goes

;) xxxx