Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Nervous about doctor's appointment on Tuesday  (Read 29007 times)

Taz2

Re: Nervous about doctor's appointment on Tuesday
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2013, 04:21:35 PM »

My doc prescribed conti twice instead of sequi. Doctors are only human and mistakes can happen which is why it is good to be on the ball and always ask about what you have been prescribed when filling the prescription. I admit it shouldn't happen but it does.

Taz x

Dandelion

« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2013, 06:54:23 PM »

Hello

Well, my doctor called back and I explained what had happened. She sent the script to boots and told me it will be ready for collection on monday.
Meanwhile she said I could keep taking the conti so no gap in hrt. (just like Hurdity said)
No flushes today, and that's only after one pill. :)

bev567901

« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2013, 07:29:56 PM »

I just sent you a ranting post Dandelion but you must have been typing as I was & it got lost in space, just as well really. Glad you got a solution though but I am still annoyed for you. B x

Hurdity

« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2013, 10:48:55 PM »

Glad you got the right sort in the end. I hope the doc apologised for getting it wrong. How awful (for the doc) that you only found out by coming on here?!!! But good for you at least.

Hope you really start to feel much better soon!

Hurdity x

Dandelion

« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2013, 09:05:39 AM »

I just sent you a ranting post Dandelion but you must have been typing as I was & it got lost in space, just as well really. Glad you got a solution though but I am still annoyed for you. B x
Hi Bev

LOL at first I thought you meant you sent a ranting post at me, and I thought, "Oh no, I've only been here 5mins and I am already upsetting people" lol, but I soon realised I was wrong. hahahhahhhha
I guess my doctor must be overworked, hence the errors. (She has made a couple before), but I guess all doctors, nowadays are so busy there are more errors, scary thought though.

I've had two days HRT. The flushes have gone, but I had to put the fan on in bed last night.

I'm loving the improvement in mood.

Dandelion

« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2013, 09:07:35 AM »

Glad you got the right sort in the end. I hope the doc apologised for getting it wrong. How awful (for the doc) that you only found out by coming on here?!!! But good for you at least.

Hope you really start to feel much better soon!

Hurdity x
Hi Hurdity

Thank God I've got this place.
It seems that my doctor is still convinced by that scare-mongering in 2002, which is a shame, because if she was educated a bit more, I wouldn't need to worry about being on hrt for a long time.
I'm really appreciating the lift in mood though.

bev567901

« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2013, 10:44:48 AM »

No I was ranting at the GP as mine have been so rubbish too. It made me so cross for you. I ring mine now & say do you have my prescription & what is on it before I send my poor husband to get it.  I am so glad you have had an improvement I am going to make a note of what it is & you don't seem to mention side effects at all so I am really pleased finally something good has happened. B x

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2013, 12:17:00 PM »

Dandelion - I'm glad the HRT seems to be working so quickly.  I had the same when I started mine, I couldn't believe how quickly I started to feel better :)

bev567901

« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2013, 01:28:44 PM »

Dandelion just so I don't get it wrong what are you taking now & what will you be taking when the right meds arrive. Plus what is the exact reason you should be on the latter one. Just in case I fall into the catergory of the person who should be on the one you have now. I have an appt on Tuesday you see & if I can give them an example of someone who is on an AD etc in similar circumstances it might give me more credibility. What would you say is the best initial benefit so far? Sorry to make you sound like a guineapig. I know things work differently for everyone but I know myself & I know its hormones I need. I am having a bad day today, lots of anxiety & I really don't want to take a lot of diazepam. I had a nightmare last night (side effect of AD) I was on concorde & someone had stolen my medication at the airport & I was stuck on concorde without it routing through my bag. It beats the one with Keith Lemon in it a couple of nights ago. I never had time for nightmares before I took the AD  :o

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2013, 02:40:33 PM »

I have to check in my packet everytime I before I leave the Surgery  >:(

Dandelion

« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2013, 07:50:44 PM »

No I was ranting at the GP as mine have been so rubbish too. It made me so cross for you. I ring mine now & say do you have my prescription & what is on it before I send my poor husband to get it.  I am so glad you have had an improvement I am going to make a note of what it is & you don't seem to mention side effects at all so I am really pleased finally something good has happened. B x
Hi Bev

No side effects yet, but I am on too low a dose, till I get my new ones on Monday.
I am on the post menopausal dose instead of the peri dose.
I hope not to see any side effects, I will give it a month or so, as that will be time to try the progesterone part of femoston as well.

I am sorry you don't have a good doctor. They are so overworked that they are bound to make errors.

Dandelion

« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2013, 07:52:00 PM »

Dandelion - I'm glad the HRT seems to be working so quickly.  I had the same when I started mine, I couldn't believe how quickly I started to feel better :)
Hi, glad you started to feel better. I think I will feel better in a month because i will know how the oestrogen and the progesterone will go.

Dandelion

« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2013, 08:03:35 PM »

Dandelion just so I don't get it wrong what are you taking now & what will you be taking when the right meds arrive. Plus what is the exact reason you should be on the latter one. Just in case I fall into the catergory of the person who should be on the one you have now. I have an appt on Tuesday you see & if I can give them an example of someone who is on an AD etc in similar circumstances it might give me more credibility. What would you say is the best initial benefit so far? Sorry to make you sound like a guineapig. I know things work differently for everyone but I know myself & I know its hormones I need. I am having a bad day today, lots of anxiety & I really don't want to take a lot of diazepam. I had a nightmare last night (side effect of AD) I was on concorde & someone had stolen my medication at the airport & I was stuck on concorde without it routing through my bag. It beats the one with Keith Lemon in it a couple of nights ago. I never had time for nightmares before I took the AD  :o
Hi Bev

I will be on the normal 1 mg oestradiol (as hemihydrate) and 10 mg dydrogesterone.
I am currently on the femoston conti, until Monday, this is for post menopausal women and I am only perimenopausal.

I would try to get the bio-identical progesterone, the oestragen in femoston is bioidentical, but dygesterone is used.

I think bio-identical hormones carry less risk and are tolerated better than oral synthetic ones. I hope I am accurate on this. If it is the case, then I don't know why my doctor was not aware of bioidenticals, and she prescribed the old fashioned ones.

Hurdity says we can ask our doctors for bioidentical progessterone, as the nhs do micronised progesterone. I dunno what that is, but the point is we can have them.

If you have only been on the diazepam a couple of weeks or less, I would stop taking them, but if you have been on them longer, you CAN taper them safely, it's just that I suffered withdrawals cos I started off using the wrong method. I am on 1.2mg of it and am feeling no withdrawal symptoms as I am now using the right method. PM me if you want to talk about this some more.

Sorry you had nightmares due to the AD. I can imagine the scenario of rifling through our handbags unable to find something important would have a nightmarish quality about it. It's a horrible feeling when our bag is un-familiarly light, due to having lost something important that lives in our handbag.

I have noticed the flushes lessen and my mood is much better.

Dandelion

« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2013, 08:04:13 PM »

I have to check in my packet everytime I before I leave the Surgery  >:(
To make sure you have enough pills?

Taz2

« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2013, 09:05:34 PM »

To make sure she has been given the correct ones I think.

Taz  :)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5