Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Extra hour in bed how wonderful, not!  (Read 4308 times)

bev567901

Extra hour in bed how wonderful, not!
« on: October 26, 2013, 08:16:02 AM »

Tonight we get an extra hour in bed, something to be looked forward to in recent years & in my 20's you could stay out an hour later at a nightclub. Today however the thought of waking at 3am tomorrow instead of 4am is like a smack in the face with a wet fish. Hoorar I cannot wait, maybe we should all get a job working nights at a frozen food factory working in the freezers we would save them money on the special uniform. B x

LizeeeH

Re: Extra hour in bed how wonderful, not!
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2013, 10:09:59 AM »

LOL ;D you said it sister!!!!

I cant sleep for love or money :'( go to bed knackered fall to sleep.....wake up about 1pm......hip hurts......wrists hurt, then pins & needles in hands, hot n sweaty.......then hooray I fall to sleep.....at about 6am :o :o then at 7am hubby barges through the door with my morning coffee >:( >:( >:( >:(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2013, 10:18:07 AM »

DH learnt early on that I do not appreciate a cuppa before I've brushed my teeth: no earlier than 9.00 a.m.  ;)

Night_Owl

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2013, 10:23:26 AM »

Bev, that really made me chuckle. 

Yep, in youth that extra hour is such a bonus when gadding about.  I'll be doing my usual 'pinging awake' in the early hours, wondering if a tree will fall on the house and other such lovely thoughts.  OH often says I should get a night job - why oh why, so awake at c.3am but deadbeat and braindead at 8am.
Also can't stand this time of year, re: SAD - dreary dark grey shorter days - autumn reminds me of meno, falling leaves, falling hair etc - such a major change from summer.

Night_Owl
x

honeybun

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2013, 10:28:07 AM »

I don't sleep well either but still like the extra hour. Up and make a cuppa and then back to bed with my kindle. A little bit of me time is precious.

Try to do something nice with the extra hour ladies no matter what it is.

Honeyb
X

bev567901

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2013, 01:21:32 PM »

Ha ha on the falling hair/leaves night owl. I have just unclogged the brushes on my dyson for the second time this week. I have a photo of what came out last time I washed my hair to show the doc the wet stuff & the dry stuff from the brush.  And Honeybun my husband very kindly bought me a kindle a couple of weeks ago knowing how I was feeling, I never thought I would give books up ever the smell the feel,  but kindles are fab & the kids are reading more too.  Lets hope we all sleep in. I have a dog due to give birth in a month & you are up such a lot in the night when you have a litter so I guess I will be on night shift officially then for 8 weeks or so. Just to put a spanner in the works I will probably start sleeping better then, but the hen light will be on all night the room has to be at least mid to late 20's & no windows or doors open eeeeek. B x

andius

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2013, 01:32:53 PM »

We don't get our extra hour until NEXT SATURDAY.....1st one in November in US.

A

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2013, 03:20:00 PM »

;D

Joyce

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2013, 04:10:14 PM »

That confused us in the US one year, when clocks went forward in spring. We'd already gone forward an hour one weekend, then next one we were in the US. Still suffered with jet lag though!  ;D

Will let you know tomorrow how or if I coped with extra hour. Hated it last year!

littleminnie

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2013, 04:33:38 PM »

The cat woke us up at her normal time of 6.15 (but it was 5.15). I tried to explain to her about the hour but to no avail. Lol

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2013, 06:23:34 PM »

;D    woke at an un-earthly hour and couldn't remember whether I had altered the bedside clock/or not!  Went back to sleep around 7.00, alarm went off at half-past  ::).  Tomorrow morning will be hard  :-\

Hurdity

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2013, 06:37:02 PM »

I have my extra hour the next day - today - I love it - even though I didn't sleep that well last night. I just put the clocks back when I get up....

I do hate the grey dreary days like you Night_Owl but also like the snuggling down at night in front of the fire with a glass of wine and looking forward to the winter solstice..... and then yay - the days get longer again and then not long before  :sunny:

Hurdity x

honeybun

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2013, 07:59:49 PM »

Better not let Taz read that one Hurdity. This is her time of year. Strange really  ;D

Honeyb
X

Taz2

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2013, 11:09:15 PM »

It's a while before the days get longer again so I am still ok. I could have done without being ill for all of September though and most of October too - feel cheated out of two of my lovely autumn/winter months!!

Taz x