Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: "Cold" flush??  (Read 4890 times)

Lucky Stone

"Cold" flush??
« on: October 13, 2013, 01:00:54 PM »

Okay, so this is weird  :-X standing in the supermarket today feeling alright (well, reasonably so anyway) when I started to feel decidedly strange. Hard to describe but a bit like someone had injected my head with cold liquid which then travelled down the whole of my body to my feet. I suppose you could say I went cold all over, gradually, so in a way like a cold flush. Very unpleasant  :-X I am currently on SSRIs and having CBT so I just walked away from OH (to put an item we didn't want back) to allow myself a moment or two to calm and breathe etc. After, say five minutes or so, I felt a whole lot better although my legs felt a bit wobbly when I got home and my head slightly "tight". Better now that I've had some lunch. I did have breakfast so I don't think it was a lack of food?

Anyone else had this? I am reducing my HRT (oestrogen only) at the moment - one 1mg every 3 days now - and I've sort of had this before (maybe twice) but it's been when I've felt sudden panic at something and you get that "cold dread" feeling. But this was slightly different, I started to feel a bit odd and then it came. Don't want another one, that's for sure  :( but would be interested to see if this rings a bell with anyone else? Hormones? Anxiety? Bit of both?

honeybun

Re: "Cold" flush??
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 01:04:26 PM »

I get a sort of cold creeping feeling around my head. It's difficult to describe but it's as if I have had a hat on that's too tight and then taken it off. I think it's anxiety based for me and its horrible.

Why does it always happen when you are away from home.

You have my sympathy.

:hug:

Honeyb
X

Lucky Stone

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 01:06:33 PM »

Thanks honeybun  :) I'm doing alright on my meds and with the CBT etc but after this, I wondered if I should be trying to come off the HRT? It's hard to know. I don't get more than the odd hot flush and no night sweats. :-\ You never know what to do for the best, do you?

honeybun

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2013, 01:11:36 PM »

No you really don't. Sometimes no matter what you try it does not work.

I hate the head feeling. It freaks me out to be honest. I wondered at one point if it was blood pressure but I had it checked and all was fine.

All the joys of meno  ::)

Honeyb
X

Meg

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2013, 01:10:49 AM »

Believe the cold flushes are pretty common in menopause.  Some women seem to suffer from one and some have hot flushes and are then freezing cold.  All to do with the hypothalmus which is the part of the brain controlling temperature.  This is all very unpleasant though.

Meg

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2013, 04:35:51 PM »

When I was taking Tamoxifen I started with cold flushes within 48 hours  :-\ ....... from the back of my shoulders travelling down to the waist.  Thoguht I had the 'flu coming  :o but did get used to it, unlike the nausea, accute sense of smell and inability to eat as a side effect of the drug  >:(