Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Do side effects subside in time? Femoston Conti  (Read 5715 times)

Londongirl

Do side effects subside in time? Femoston Conti
« on: October 15, 2013, 09:34:28 AM »

SO FED UP! 

I don't know whether I am coming or going at the moment.  One day I feel fine, next day I feel a wreck.

Last night I read an interesting article (think it was a link from here somewhere!) which did say that side effects from HRT (post meno it was referring to) should subside in time, as in best to give it a year.

I am beginning to think my low moods/depression is strongly linked to Femoston Conti which am now into month 4 of again.  I am just on a bleed (day 17 since last - great fun hey!) and with that I have severe bloating, not to mention the dry patches suddenly flared up again this morning under my eyes big time!

I was on steroids last week for my severe eye swelling so not sure if the steroids are contributing to how rough I am feeling today, funnily enough yesterday I felt and though I even looked ok (well half ok) yet today I have woken up and feel rubbish  :'( - the bloating is horrid.............. and of course on a bleed

So I think my questions are these:

1. How long would you perservere with side effects from HRT and in your experience do these subside after say 6 to 12 months ( as in my low moods and bloating on Femoston Conti). 

2. Or do I just accept that one day I feel ok and next day I feel rough and this is it for the future and I just ride with it ( :'()

3. My GP doesn't seem that well up on HRT as am now thinking to try non oral preparations so should I insist on referral to a clinic?

4. Should I insist on my blood being checked for all levels (FSH etc?) so then and only then can the appropriate HRT prep be given - does that make sense?

5. Anyone tried Serenity cream ?

Sorry for bombarding you ladies this morning but am very very low and finding it hard, I need to work, being a self emp single parent and it's been a tough slog these years.

Sorry for the gloom.

Look forward to any thoughts/comments/advice

Anna  :'(

Mini2005

Re: Do side effects subside in time? Femoston Conti
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 12:26:30 PM »

Hi,

I know exactly how you feel.  I was taking Femoston 1/10 from March this year and feeling absolutely fine until symptoms started again - anxiety and low mood mainly.  I then started taking Femoston 2/10 from 1 September and again felt fine.   Recently I started having odd days where my anxiety kicked in again or I felt very low.  I don't use the word "depression" because I feel they are just "off days" where my mood is very low.   I couldn't understand why this would keep suddenly happening so I asked Dr. Currie.  She advised that my own hormone levels are obviously fluctuating still and to give it a couple more months.  If there is no improvement she suggested that I could maybe try patches for a more stable hormone input.

I do find it easier to deal with the off days when I have an explanation for it.  Just tell myself that it will pass although it's still not pleasant.  Just keep hoping things level off eventually and I hold on to the thought that I feel better now than I did 12 months ago.  Hope you feel better soon.

Val  :)

Londongirl

Re: Do side effects subside in time? Femoston Conti
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 08:41:23 PM »

Thanks Ladies

I did ask the doctor if the eye problems could be a reaction to the HRT and he said no.......... 

I am so so tempted to ditch the HRT as I agree it's silly to take steroids to combat side effects. 

I am seeing the doctor on Friday so will discuss then

Thanks for all your support ladies.

x