Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Borderline diagnosis  (Read 2750 times)

smudgy14

Borderline diagnosis
« on: October 10, 2013, 01:07:54 PM »

Hi folks I was just wondering if anyone has had this borderline diagnosis after hysterectomy.When I had my op at the end of may it was really to see if I had larger cysts on both ovaries as a scan showed this but my blood marker was raised so I ended up with a hysterectomy and omentectomy as the cysts were tumours and abnormal cells were found in my womb,some liquid in pelvic area and on the omentum.The outcome was this borderline diagnosis and I did not need chemotherapy just regular checks for next few years,at my first checkup the doctor said that borderline could not be explained it was not full blown cancer even though it had two large tumours.i am still really confused about as is my local dr .I would be grateful i anyone in the same position could shed some light on this and any questions I should ask at my next appointment in December.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Borderline diagnosis
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 02:16:06 PM »

Ask what the histology actually said?  Your GP of course could get hold of this information in fact it should have been faxed over to the Surgery.

Some tumours show evidence of 'change' - which is what my breast lump showed: but 5 lymph nodes were removed and sent to histology and they were clear.  Statistically then I had breast cancer when in fact the cancer was contained within the lump taken away at the 1st op., which is when changes were found in the margins.

Watch and wait procudure is OK as long as everyone, including the patient, is certain as to what is the long-term plan  ::)

smudgy14

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 01:04:27 PM »

Thanks clkd your post makes sense I have an appointment with my doctor on the 18th  nov so I am going to go over everything with him and see if it all clearer and see if any questions I should be asking in dec at my next follow up appointment.will let you know the outcome,hope you are keeping well. :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 06:39:12 PM »

Thank you not so bad ......... take a list with you?

smudgy14

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2013, 06:48:30 PM »

Hi clkd well had my dr appt on Monday and things really not much clearer as hospital just sent very basic letter with in pathology,just said I had extensive surgery and tumours found,as my dr said tumours can be fibrous and benign but that does not seem to be me as he said tumours have been staged which you can't do with fibroids etc so he seems to think that I was on right side of good and the surgery has managed to remove everything so not needing chem etc ,I have hospital on 18th dec so have got list of questions for that appt and then I can hopefully get all sorted and be able to get head round things and get on with recovery which seems like I am in for the long haul with that probably another 6 months anyway but may always have some level of discomfort and small bladder/bowl problems time will tell,I still get very tired so getting full bloods done next week.I will let you know how I get on in dec ,hope this post finds you well. :-\