Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Scottish Independence.  (Read 11075 times)

honeybun

Scottish Independence.
« on: October 09, 2013, 07:34:25 PM »

Just thought it would be interesting to hear the opinions of ladies who are not Scottish.
Does England in general care.

I don't want this to be a political topic as that is something that is very private.

How much to you hear about this south of the border. We are on the countdown to decide our future.

Any thoughts ladies. It would change the face of our country so worthy of discussion.

Honeyb
X

Taz2

Re: Scottish Independence.
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 07:54:37 PM »

To my shame, Honeybun, every time I hear it spoken about on the radio or TV I tune out as it seems to have been going on for ages! I will try to tune in...

Taz x

honeybun

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 08:15:12 PM »

By this time next year, well September, we will know.

Perhaps tuning out is what England does. I just wondered how it was being reported.

Honeyb
X

Limpy

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2013, 08:13:38 PM »

I'me not Scottish but my Granddad was.

I think the way it's reported in England / Wales, is as "something in Scotland", well it won't affect us will it.........

I am really curious as to how the financial type things would be sorted.
Things like taxes, revenues from north sea oil, National health service, benefits, banking systems.
Also defence issues, what would happen to the soldiers, who will they fight for?

The thing that really worries me is that it will lead to more politicians, that doesn't seem a good idea. No matter where they come from.

dulciana

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2013, 03:24:14 PM »

Well, we already have our Scottish Parliament.........

honeybun

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2013, 06:36:45 PM »

There are so many ifs buts and maybe answers. The truth,and its a scary truth, is that there are many questions that they don't know the answer to and will never know until we vote for an independent country.

Honeyb
X

Limpy

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2013, 07:24:01 PM »

Honeyb - How happy are you with the Scottish Parliament, are they what you want for an independent country?

honeybun

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2013, 08:39:16 PM »

No, well yes, well I really don't know. Since devolution the Scottish government have done some okay ish things.

I think our esteemed leader is more interested in being in the history books than doing what is best for Scotland.
I don't want separation from England as I think it is far too risky.

Honeyb
X

Joyce

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2013, 09:26:40 PM »

I think independence would do us harm. As for our esteemed leader, every blooming night he's on the news. Yawn!

littleminnie

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2013, 07:51:25 AM »

I don't really know much about the ins and outs of it but, I think we should all stick together.

Limpy

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2013, 04:07:15 PM »

I think the problem with politicians is that they only say things to look good in the newspapers or on TV / internet..

Don't think any proper thought comes into it at all.  It's a shame.

jgr

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2013, 04:12:07 PM »

I am Scottish and think it should be left as it is, if it is not broken don't fix it.
Wouldn't trust Alec Salmond as far as i could throw him, but then again i don't trust any politician.

honeybun

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2013, 04:39:30 PM »

Oh I so agree jgr.

We are too small to go it alone. There are more people live in the greater London area than in the whole of Scotland.

We just will not be able to manage without Westminster. My hubby says if we become independent he wants to move back to England. Hope he is going to take me with him  ;D Although it means we would be moving to a foreign country.

Honeyb
X

ann123

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2013, 04:58:51 PM »

I am Scottish, living in Cambridge, we don't get much coverage at all. Every time I go "home" it's on the TV all the time. But I think we should all stay together.

jgr

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2013, 08:03:21 PM »

Never thought of that Honeybun, i cross the border to work in England every day, will probably need my passport to get in  ;D
Pages: [1] 2