Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: New Member  (Read 1740 times)

sulmare

« on: October 02, 2013, 05:19:13 PM »

Hello

I am new to the forum and I am looking for information as I am at my wits end... does anyone else suffer from stomach spasms??

they are particularly nasty and are a very sudden occurence that hit you out of the blue... sometimes severe, sometimes not, although the sudden need to go the toilet and lack of appetite..

I have for years had increased acid in my tummy near a period, but now it has gone to spasms.. thankfully I don't have a period every month so get some reprieve, but just wondered, well hoped, that someone else has had the same problem and I wonder what the treatment if any there is.. would HRT help??

Taz2

Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 06:38:12 PM »

Hi Sulmare - welcome to the forum.

Although stomach problems can be part of meno I think that a chat with your GP would be a good idea, if you haven't already done that, as changes in bowel habit should always be mentioned.

You will find lots of support on here. Let us know how you get on.

Taz  :welcomemm:

honeybun

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 06:56:20 PM »

Welcome from me too.

When you say spasms what exactly do you mean. Do they happen before or after you eat.
It could be IBS but that is only diagnosed when every thing else has been ruled out. As Taz says best have a word with your GP.

Honeyb
X

andius

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 01:32:32 AM »

If you are talking about some nausea with heartburn type spasm....I had that during the time when my periods were intermittent before they stopped.  Awful....took a lot of antacids!  It does eventually lax off.  Also had the other type of spasms-lower (they came first...before the upper symptoms) and lasted off and on for 3 years during perimenopause.  Taking probiotics helped that some.  Your doctor should be able to help!