Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: HELP!!  (Read 3680 times)

anderina

HELP!!
« on: October 03, 2013, 08:50:07 AM »

REALLY NEED HELP FOR ITCHING! STOPPED USING VAGIFEM FOR NOW, CAN ANYONE SUGGEST ANYTHING - MAYBE NON PRESCRIBED- JUST UNTIL I GO TO THE HOSPITAL NEXT WEEK AND SEE IF I SHOULD START VAGIFEM AGAIN?
PLEASE XXXX

Dancinggirl

Re: HELP!!
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 09:07:17 AM »

I started using Vagifem 3 days ago and have started to feel really itchy round hips etc.  Also had bad stomach pains - so wondering if linked to Vagifem.
My skin tends to feel really itchy at times because it is soooo dry.  E45 do an 'Itch relief' cream.  I've been slapping on loads of moisturiser which seems to help.
Try not to scratch - will only make it worse.
DG x

Rowan

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 09:11:32 AM »

anderina, using your Vagifem until you go to the hospital next week (you say you are going for hysteroscopy) though your nurse did confirm vagifem can effect fibroids, I don't think  its  going to effect your fibroid that much at this stage, or try see your doctor for a prescription for Gynest Cream (estriol) which may being relief, until you decide if you are going for a hysterectomy.

Non prescription include Vagisil

•Replens MD®, Sylk® and Hyalofemme® are non-hormonal vaginal moisturisers

http://www.patient.co.uk/doctor/atrophic-vaginitis

Have you seen your Doctor about getting advice and recommendations.

Using vagifem etc when you have a large fibroid is a personal choice as I said in my previous posts, its also about awareness and about the pros and cons, and your own personal reactions to it.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 10:23:06 AM by silverlady »

anderina

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2013, 10:16:07 AM »

Thanks silverlady I am going to try Replens, I think I am just panicking now about vagifem!

I am off work today and just worrying about all my symptoms, I think it will be a relief to go to hospital and maybe get some answers?

I don't seem to have had any dreadful menopause symptoms (but don't think my mum had either) After over 2 years bleed free do you think they could still be on the horizon or would I have gone through them by now?

Thank you again this forum is really helping me xxx :)

Rowan

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2013, 10:52:40 AM »

anderina I would stop worrying. You are in the system now and it will be sorted out.

Worrying about a bleed in the future is counter productive as you are going to be accessed next week and decisions suggested for treatment.

Be glad your menopausal symptoms are not so bad, you could think that your fibroid is producing estrogen to counter them, I have read that that can be the case.

Just trying to cheer you and to stop you worrying :)

anderina

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2013, 11:17:19 AM »

Thank you I am a natural worrier (usually about anything and nothing) - think once you have kids this kicks in - going to try and be positive! not long to wait now will keep you posted
I will probably crop up in the meantime with some silly question tho! xxx

Tingly

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2013, 09:50:42 AM »

Anderina... Dont worry about the worrying ...it gets us all in the end
 :) :) :)
All the very best
Tingly
Xxxxx