Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Elleste solo 2mg tablets  (Read 4173 times)

Stroma

Elleste solo 2mg tablets
« on: October 03, 2013, 08:57:15 AM »

Hi ladies, just a bit of support needed really, after my TAH/BSO in May I feel like an oap ie joint pain /stiffness/tired/lack of energy/lack of enthusiasm/ insomnia/flushes etc etc etc I know it's early days yet but Dr has suggested taking these pills ( I am 51 ) I had hoped they would help though reading online and the leaflet in the pack and various forums I'm not so sure, they might help with some but it's the stiffness and joint pain that is the worst and the stuff I'm reading doesn't make me feel too confident as some folks are saying it's worse! I can't have that it's torture, I know it's different for everyone and I've to start them today so I'm a bit scared any advice, I'm not on any other medication have no cervix or ovaries
Help please very nervous about taking these
Thanks in advance
Anne

honeybun

Re: Elleste solo 2mg tablets
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 09:35:52 AM »

Welcome to the forum.

What have you got to loose by trying them. If this one does not work then there are others. It could just be what you need to feel better. I understand about being nervous but I really would go for it. You can always stop if things get worse. Some of us have found HRT helps joint aches a lot and you could be the same.

Keep posting and let us know how you get on.

Honeyb
X

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 04:45:50 PM »

No wonder you are feeling rough as your hormone levels will have plummeted since then.

Yes definitely give them a go - perhaps start slowly and build up gradually to minimise initial side effects - can you split them in half? Try this for a couple of weeks and then increase. If they are too small then maybe ask the doc for 1 mg to start with? Hopefully you will reap the benefits and feel better in no time!

You may need to get your testosterone levels checked too as these will have depleted too since your op and deficiency can contribute to fatigue and the lack of motivation etc- but start with the oestrogen first.

If the Elleste somehow don't work there is a myriad of other types you could try - eg transdermal patches or gels - but I imagine tablets are more convenient if they do the trick!

Hurdity x

Stroma

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2013, 12:28:35 PM »

Thanks ladies, on day 4 now so far nothing drastic apart from a slight headache and a wee bit sick feeling, but no good stuff yet will keep you up to date! :-\
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 02:43:38 PM by Stroma »