Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Newbee  (Read 2567 times)

blonde moments

Newbee
« on: September 27, 2013, 07:10:27 PM »

Hi just a bit of advice if anyone can help, I am having a terrine time with vaginal discomfort!!  My doctor has just described vagifem, just wondered how long it takes before I feel a little normal again. I am still having periods every month but they are every 3 weeks now, so doctor thinks that my discomfort is down to the onset of menopause, didn't think I would be experiencing symptoms so severe so early  :'(

Meg

Re: Newbee
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 01:17:13 AM »

Welcome on board the forum Blonde Moments.  The vaginal dryness and shrinkage even can come as a big suprise to women as no-one prepares us for it, perhaps dont want to depress us.  I have not used vagifem but am definitely not ruling it out as I like many have noticed a big difference in that area.  I believe that the vagifem can work very quickly and am sure that others will testify to this.  Draw as much help as you can from the info on this site, it is very open and the ladies are so supportive.

Good luck

Meg

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, 10:29:04 PM »

Hi blonde moments :welcomemm: from me too!

Hope the Vagifem works for you.
I used Orthogynest pessaries when I first started getting symptoms but then went onto full HRT, and even later used both as well as Vagifem sometimes!
Do you have any other symptoms and I presume your doc has checked the discomfort isn't due to anything else?

Hurdity x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 05:16:04 PM »

Hello and welcome blonde moments.  You are not alone with this one. I've suffered with burning etc since mid 30s when I became peri.
When you have done enough posts to become a MM member, you will be able to look under PRivate lives and there is a thread I started called 'The Burning Club'. - could be helpful for you.
Despite full HRT I still have bad bouts of burning. Currently trying Vagifem with slight improvement but it's early days.
Hurdity is right - of course - she is brilliant - has your doctor checked for UTIs etc?
DG x

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2013, 09:19:24 PM »

I thought that you can look under Private Lives as soon as you become a member? Isn't it the private message facility which isn't activated until so many posts have been made? I am confused.. again...  ;D

Welcome blonde moments!

Taz x

andius

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2013, 01:44:30 AM »

There is something you can buy without a prescription called phenazopyridine (sp?), that is the chemical name, that can give some relief even without a UTI as it sort of helps numb the area after you urinate. It turns your urine orange.  You can only take it for a few days at a time as it can be hard on your liver, but it does take the edge off the discomfort for really bad days.  I took Vagifem for a long time before it helped much but I was way gone into VA and already needed systemic HRT by the time I figured out the problem. The vagifem wasn't dissolving so I wasn't getting much benefit. I basically had a vagina that had no internal liquid.  If that is your issue also, you might try some vitamin E suppositories or some naturally oily substance or lubricant with the vagifem to give it some liquid to dissolve with.  The  estrogen creams can help if you are that dry, but I couldn't tolerate them....I must be allergic to something in them and they made me burn worse!