Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Progeseterone Options  (Read 2916 times)

Cassie

Progeseterone Options
« on: October 01, 2013, 08:17:34 AM »

I am due for my annual check up and want to discuss the various options of Progesterone with my gynae, like everyone else, I am looking for the least amount of progesterone per month, due to side effects. I am currently on the 200mg for 12 days per month but would love to go back down to the 100mg if he will let me take it as I am not sure that it can be taken for less than the usual 100mg for 25 days of the month? One of the ladies on here mentioned taking tablets for 7 days per month, that may also be an option which I will discuss with the Dr, does anyone know what the tablets are called. My oestrogen part is sorted as I love my gel but would like to look @ all options for the progesterone side of things.  :)

honeybun

Re: Progeseterone Options
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 08:22:12 AM »

I think it's probably Hurdity that you are thinking of. She has a six week cycle to minimise the amount of time she is on progesterone.
It's utrogestan that she uses.
I am sure she will be along to help when she looks in.

Honeyb
X

Cassie

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 08:31:17 AM »

Thx HB, I know about the Utrogestan but someone mentioned that they take patches and then drink tablets for 7 days per month, it was not Utrogestan, though was another form of synthetic progesterone, I am not sure what the name was now, but am just looking at all options, thx so much for replying.

honeybun

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 08:41:46 AM »

I can't think who that was.
If they don't reply to this topic then you could try a request in your topic title. If you see what I mean  ::)

Honeyb
X

Cassie

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 08:49:30 AM »

Thx HB will do so, and just to add, for those ladies that are on Utrogestan 100mg are there some that are using it cyclically, if so, for how many days,  and how often do you get a uterine scan as I am wanting to ask my gynae if I can go back onto 100mg as opposed to the 200mg, I find it a bit heavy for me but also dont want to end up with thickening of the lining. I know that some Drs prescribe 100mg as little as 7 days per month, but I think that this is the exception rather than the norm.
I think that I may start a new topic for this :)

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2013, 10:22:57 PM »

Hi Cassie

It's norethisterone that is sometimes prescribed by gynaes for 7 days per momnth for prog intolerant women. That's the synthetic progestin that's in most of the tablet HRTs and Evorel sequi/conti. Many women have side effects from it but others can tolerate it especially for the first few days so I understand. It is the most potent progestogen for thinning the womb lining and is also used sometimes actually to treat endometrial hyperplasia (a type of thickened womb lining). I'm not sure whether this can be done on the NHS for HRT but I know from reading on here that some private gynaes like Studd and Dooley use it. I'm not sure about Utrogestan 100 mg for 7 days though.....

Hurdity x

Cassie

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2013, 08:58:06 AM »

Thankyou Hurdity, I am not sure that I would want to take the synthetic even if it is for only 7 days per month so am going to ask my Dr what he minimal amount of days is that he can safely recommend the 100mg Utro, was hoping that some of the ladies could help, there seem to be so many on the cyclical Utro, but will bump up my thread again to the top, perhaps, it has got lost in maze of posts :)
x

Cassie

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2013, 09:31:53 AM »

Thankyou so much.