Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: post ablation  (Read 2367 times)

lynda

post ablation
« on: October 01, 2013, 03:43:59 PM »

just wondering if anyone has had ablation for heavy periods, and if so, how long the discharge [slight bleeding etc] lasted. I had an ablation done just over 3 weeks ago and am continuing to have a discharge - sometime very scanty to several mls a couple of times a day. I don't really know what is normal so would like to hear from others who have had it done! thanks in anticipation.....

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: post ablation
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 03:49:23 PM »

Do you get a check up with the Surgeon?

Perhaps ring the Secretary and ask the question.  Did you not have a 'sheet' of instructions and advice to bring home?

:foryou:

westie

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 04:46:05 PM »

Hi Lynda

I had an ablation about 8 years ago and had discharge fir about a month, sometimes heavy, sometimes light as you say. If you are concerned though it is always worth a check up with the surgeon, I did and it put my mind at rest.

Spangles

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 06:12:28 AM »

Hi Lynda
I had an ablation about two and a half years ago, I had no bleeding or discharge for the first week and then it started. It lasted for about four weeks and periods have become very irregular and each one is different, even more so now I'm using HRT.
xXx

lynda

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 08:21:16 PM »

Thank you for the replies. I do have a check up due in a couple of weeks - so will see what the discharge situation is like then. The leaflets say it can last a few weeks but just wanted to see if theres an average!. Im not on hrt or anything - im 56 and dont have many menopause symptoms apart from periods from hell for 2 yrs and the occasional hot flush/mood changes. I had 2 mirena coils - neither of which worked and metafemic/transafemic acids - same outcome so ablation next thing to try! Hope it works...........  Again thanks for the replies, reassuring! Xx