Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Confused with instructions for taking Utrogestan  (Read 3009 times)

steph

Confused with instructions for taking Utrogestan
« on: October 04, 2013, 01:56:14 PM »

Hi everyone

Hope this isn't a silly question (due to my meno brain), but I am confused over what days to take Utrogestan tabs, so wondered if any of you kind ladies could advise.

I've just been prescribed 100mg utrogestan with Estradot patches 25mg.  On the label of the tabs it states 'take days 1 to 25 of cycle' yet on the instruction leaflet inside it states 'take days 15 to 26 of your cycle'.

I'm further confused as I haven't got a cycle (no periods), so when would I restart them.

I rang the pharmacy for advice, who didn't have a clue, now waiting for meno clinic to ring me back (but may not be until Monday). I'm desperate to start them to stop the night sweats.

Help!

honeybun

Re: Confused with instructions for taking Utrogestan
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 02:18:06 PM »

You have been given the conti regime to follow therefore you only have a break of three days per month.
Just start taking them now.....well at night on an empty stomach.
The other instructions are for the 200 utrogestan sequi regime.
Hope this helps.

Let us know how you get on.

Honeyb
X

steph

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 02:51:56 PM »

Thanks for your reply honeybun. Sorry to sound thick, but do you mean I take them now then stop for 3 days? And if so, when? After how many days?

I'm used to be quite intelligent until meno brain!  Easily confused !

Steph

honeybun

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 03:02:19 PM »

You count it as a 28 day cycle. Start today and take every day for 25 days and then take nothing for three days then start again. Some of the directions are confusing as utrogestan is used for other things as well. Fertility treatment and to prevent miscarriage I think.

Don't worry I had to have explained to me too.  ;D

Meno brain strikes us all.

Honeyb
X

steph

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2013, 03:42:10 PM »

Oh thanks for advice honeyb - that makes sense now!  Why couldn't the 'professionals' explain it like that!

Let's just hope it does the trick.... along with the estradot!

Thanks again  :)
x