Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Strange colours  (Read 4717 times)

Claireylou

Strange colours
« on: September 27, 2013, 07:23:45 AM »

Good morning ladies,

I'm always grateful for your advice so another quick question if you don't mind.

Since starting peri I've noticed that my monthlies tend to change colour. This month it's started off light brown, then very dark brown, then dark red and now it's turned a kind of rusty red. Some months it's bright red and watery. I was just wondering if anybody else has noticed a change or is it just me ?

Apologies if this is all too much info but I don't know who else to ask.

Thank you for reading,

Claire xxx

Smokey

Re: Strange colours
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 09:50:59 AM »

Hi Claireylou

I am as well, I'm 47 and have been in peri meno for three years, after. Terrible time I went on HRT Everol Sequil 50 patches, and am feeling a lot better, but still feel I'll on and off. Being on Sequil HRT means I get ableed every month at roughly the same time, started off light to normal red , but last four or five months have its been light red to start for couple of days then brownish then dark red then brown then back to dark red sometimes a bit heavy, but not enough to flood I think it could be that I'm further into meno and not peri anymore, or I'm having my own period breakthrough as well as HRT bleed if that makes sense.

The only way to really tell for me would be o come off HRT and see if I still have periods, but I am not keen to do this yet partly because of the anxiety and horrible doom feelings I had prior to HRT .

Are you on any HRT , or Ar you tying to manage without?

Claireylou

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 10:17:39 AM »

Hi Smokey and thanks for replying.

I'm not on HRT at the moment. Would like to go through naturally but not ruling it out in the future when things get really bad.

Before peri my periods were always dark red tapering to light red but since peri I usually start with very dark gunky (sorry tmi) brown discharge which can go on for up to a week before. Then I get either very light watery blood or dark red.

I'm so sorry if this is too much info  :)

Best wishes Claire xxx

Smokey

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 06:20:57 PM »

Thats no problem Claireylou nothing is ever too much information, if only the Docs new more!

I have learnt so much from this site and Internet firstly from having high calcium and having a parathyroid surgery, then diagnosed with ms, then meno, then underactive thyroid !  There can't be any more things can there?

Claireylou

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 07:47:18 PM »

Blooming we'll hope not  ;D

Xxx

Gypsy

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2013, 09:29:28 PM »

I haven't experienced different colours but the last few periods have been very heavy and prolonged.
Please don't apologise about giving too much info. We're all women who have lived with periods and I can't see why anyone would be unhappy about reading your posts, Claire. It's all 'information' as far as I'm concerned and now if my periods start changing colour I'll know I'm not alone! :)

Claireylou

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2013, 08:53:28 AM »

Thanks for that Gypsy,

This forum is truly a comfort to me,

Claire xxx