Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Single or double  (Read 11383 times)

honeybun

Single or double
« on: September 25, 2013, 02:42:43 PM »

Night sweats are back with a vengeance and I would so love to be in a single bed. I want to be able to spread out like a star fish. I have shared a double bed for 29 years with hubby BUT....He snores and twitches and is so hot.

I could go in another room as my daughter has moved out but I still want to be in the same room and I would miss our cuddles. I also need to be close to him in case he has a night time hypo. They are rare but they do happen.

Oh for a magic bed that could separate on command.

Anyone else feel this way.

Honeyb
X

ladybird52

Re: Single or double
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 02:52:40 PM »

I really understand where you are coming from.  Have just returned from holiday where we both slept in separate kingsize beds and it was heaven!  I couldn't hear hubbies snores but I knew they were happening somewhere over there but just out of earshot.  Also, lovely to stretch out and  move where I wanted to.  Back home now to the normal sized double bed with foam mattress (what a mistake that was) fidgeting back and back to sleeping as far to the edge of the bed as is possible without actually falling off the thing!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 03:20:19 PM »

We bought a huge bed 3/4 years ago.  6' 6" x 7.00  ......... he's way over there  ;D  .........

honeybun

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 03:48:20 PM »

Just an ordinary double here. And I bought a memory foam mattress topper and although it's very comfy it just radiates heat. No matter how far I move hubby follows me. I just want some more bed space  ???

Honeyb
X

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2013, 04:27:30 PM »

My mum suggested separate beds once to my dad - well you would have thought she had asked for a divorce!!

If you are only in a standard double Honeybun I would say even a Kingsize would give you more room. Would your husband entertain the idea of separate beds if you explained why?

We had a memory foam mattress - do you remember I posted about it - it went to the tip within three months - too hot and no bounciness for lovemaking - not that that would matter nowadays!

Taz

honeybun

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2013, 05:05:47 PM »

Our bed is not that old and to be honest he would not entertain it. It's just the thought that appeals but when I think of the cost of new bedding and the cost of two beds.
When I was not sweating ....ooooo that sound so sexy ...Not !!!  I was quite happy sharing our bed. I am just so restless and hot and I can feel myself getting so grumpy in the night. I just want to shout at him and possibly kick him to get him to move over. The days of going to sleep spooning  ::) have gone. It's sad really.

Honeyb
X

Rowan

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2013, 05:16:50 PM »

Not only separate beds but separate rooms, the result harmony :) still have cuddles and affection that's not changed.

honeybun

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2013, 06:05:20 PM »

I don't think I could sleep in a different room. I would just worry. Silly but true.
I wonder how I keep him on his side of the bed  ;D

Honeyb
X

ariadne

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2013, 06:28:37 PM »

On holiday we had a twin bedroom and we pushed the beds together. I thought it was good because you could toss and turn or get up to the loo without the other half being disturbed.

I know what you mean about wanting to shove him away- I now can't bear being cuddled up or even having a heavy arm or worse  -leg- draped over me. I like my own space.

I do love our king size bed though and hate sharing the double when we stay at mother in laws. Can't swap it for two singles though as its not very old.

Ariadne xx

Taz2

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2013, 07:48:43 PM »

Your situation is difficult Honeybun as you need to be aware that your husband is well throughout the night so sleeping in separate rooms is not possible. This makes interesting reading though http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2387333/Can-separate-beds-key-happy-relationship-How-40-couples-sleep-apart--IMPROVE-love-lives.html

Taz x

Joyce

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2013, 10:13:27 PM »

I can understand your need to be close by due to Hubby's condition. My hubby's snoring is horrendous and he is like a hot water bottle. I have to say I cope in a bigger bed on holiday, but we only have a standard double at home. We would struggle to put bigger bed in the room. I do like to have room to spread out these days and end up in double bed, opposite end of the house. I sleep badly at best of times without hearing din from hubby.  ::) We discussed it and he said that if it meant better sleep for each of us, then he was fine with it.

catlady

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2013, 01:24:09 PM »

My hubby is always like an hot water bottle too.  I keep being woken up by feeling so hot
and I can't stand the weight of his arm over me either.
I have mentioned single beds ages ago but he won't hear of it.
I'm going to show him the link that Taz has put up.   ::)

Ann x

Elena

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2013, 02:05:39 PM »

Love having my kingsize bed to myself, even with a memory foam mattress topper. I'm a cold soul so it doesnt bother me, apart from when new man stays over THEN I notice how hot it gets....

Also, got so used to having bed/bedroom to myself I find it really hard to sleep with him in it :(

Joyce

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2013, 03:42:49 PM »

I always said that we'd be in trouble the day we slept separately. Probably more to do with others might think. However, now I don't care. My mum & dad slept in single beds, having given up on a double. Don't know reason. Mind you double beds were only 4 ft wide in those days.

Dyan

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2013, 09:52:50 AM »

Double here.
We had a massive bed when we stayed in a hotel last year.
I could do a starfish and still not be able to touch him :o ;D
Pages: [1] 2