Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Face Creams  (Read 18954 times)

Suzi Q

Re: Face Creams
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2013, 05:58:56 AM »

Hun your right my late brother in law was an analytical chemist
He used to say to me and his wife DONT evre buy anthing that says Collegen now this was back in late 80s
He said its dead cells it cant get in to your body
We of course now know thats true that why people have Collegen injections now
I just buy what I like im under no illuisons its going to get rid of my wrinkle of which thank god as yet not so many
But as long as my face feels greacy I like it I dont use any make up never had last time 7 years ago at sons wedding
Hate it but have started to use Sunfactor 30 suncream and its tinted so have used that a few times at night to go out

Dyan

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2013, 09:31:13 AM »

I took the boots no 7 protect & perfect night cream back yesterday because it made my skin red so I'm now back using avon ultimate that I can buy on ebay at less than half the price from Avon.

Cassie

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2013, 12:07:25 PM »

Hi HB, I do understand your theory, however Neostrata is slightly different. The products are developed specifically by physicians and are quite able to penetrate and  and to function @ cellular level, pretty much in the same way that a transdermal oestrogen would penetrate ones skin, I know as I am on one, boy does it work :) One cannot buy Neostrata products at the local supermarket, only through a pharmacy or an aesthetician, so perhaps this is why. I do need to use them though as I have areas that need targeting :) The pharmacist himself explained the process and a company as big as Neostrata would never falsely advertise, they are an international brand. Not saying that it doesnt happen, but not in this case.
xx

Rowan

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2013, 01:02:21 PM »

I have some estriol face lotion , I mix it with my face cream to make a weaker estriol cream. I use it twice a week.

I also Lotil Original it, costs a couple of pounds for a big pot   http://www.lotil.co.uk/products/lotil-cream/ Princess Diana used it.

My skin is very good with no lines or wrinkles and that's being honest.

Cassie

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2013, 01:36:53 PM »

You are very lucky S lady to have gorgeous skin.

Rowan

« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2013, 02:12:00 PM »

There are lots and lots of ladies who have gorgeous skin through their lives and I am sure they all have their beauty secrets, and its  not just face creams or lack of lines.

To me skin care is just maintenance and and something I have studied and have an interest in, beauty I think is more illusive.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 02:22:16 PM by silverlady »

Cassie

« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2013, 02:57:42 PM »

I believe its a lot in the genes! And also how one treats one skin as a child, ie too many hours spent in the sun with no protection will only catch up with one much later on in life.

Winterose

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2013, 02:17:44 PM »

Ladies,

All really interesting , am going to investigate the neo strata and give it a try , it seems very reasonable priced too, in the meantime I bought Estee Lauders night repair and a La Prairie day cream, I find the more expensive creams sink in better and arent so greasy as the cheaper ones but maybe thats just my skin, nearly 2 weeks later I think the Night repair is actually doing a good job, I dont put anything on top of it and my skin is certainly  looking much more even, time will tell.  The dior line looks good too.  Still looking for someone whos tried the new Lancome serum - lots of hype , am always curious about studies that say "in vitro" -  :-* Silver lady what else do you do to remain line free?

Rowan

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2013, 02:39:06 PM »

Winterose here is my list

Estrogen patch

Diet and supplements and Rooibos tea

Every two years Hyaluronic acid facial fillers on nose to mouth lines, it encourages the skin to produce its own collagen and the effect becomes more permanent.

I use face creams that make my skin matte and soft, I use to use Endocil Skin Treatment Cream from my teens until they stopped making it here in UK a few years ago. They make it in South Africa now but it is much more expensive and the formula has changed, now I use Lotil.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 03:19:56 PM by silverlady »

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2013, 03:07:04 PM »

There are lots and lots of ladies who have gorgeous skin through their lives and I am sure they all have their beauty secrets, and its  not just face creams or lack of lines.
To me skin care is just maintenance and and something I have studied and have an interest in, beauty I think is more illusive.

My Mum is 89 and her skin is lovely.  She is very fair skinned and has never sunburned or travelled abroad.  She doesn't smoke or drink and I believe that makes a huge difference. She only ever used Ponds skin cream as far as I remember. 

Rowan

« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2013, 03:30:01 PM »

pennyfarthing forgot to mention that I have never smoked or drank, I think that is most important along with genectics, the rest is maintenance. 

I expect you will have inherited your mums good skin, my mum had lovely skin too, she taught me about skin care. I remember her giving me a bottle of Brewers Yeast Tablets for my skin when I was about 12, not sure why as I never had spots but she told me that it would take care of my skin, she also told me to use Ann French Cleansing lotion.

I still do but afterwards use geranium essential oil soap to wash my face.

Winterose

« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2013, 12:36:21 PM »

I remember Ann French cleansing milk, thought it was the height of sophistication, have often wondered about fillers for nose to mouth lines as mine when tired are pronounced, has anyone done facial excercises?

Silverlady is there a filler brand you use ? Not really up on that side of things,

Rowan

« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2013, 01:41:45 PM »

I have Teosyal soft fillers.

http://www.sandonhouseclinic.co.uk/filler.html

also use to do facial exercises with Facial Flex,  that really works but have got lazy since having derma fillers.

dulciana

« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2013, 03:46:46 PM »

I'm going to fly the flag for the German brand, "Weleda".  I first discovered it when I was a student, when I got hooked on a cleansing milk they did then that had lemon oil in it and smelled divine!  I often get compliments on my skin and am told I don't look my age, which I partly put down to never having smoked, genes etc., but it is quite definitely helped along by Weleda skincare products.  These are award-winning natural face-care (and hand-care) products that are in harmony with the body (I think that's the phrase!) and I'm currently totally devoted to their Pomegranate and Rose ranges.  You can get them from some chemists and quite a lot of wholefood shops.   They are slightly pricey, but on a fairly limited budget it's the one luxury I will not go without!  (My hubby and I went to Switzerland for our silver wedding five years ago - while we were there I went into a chemist/co-op type of shop which had one wall stacked from floor to ceiling with Weleda products - honestly, I thought I'd died and gone to Heaven!!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 03:49:13 PM by dulciana »

Rowan

« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2013, 04:11:08 PM »

I love the Weleda range too especially their Weleda Massage Balm with Arnica. I get mine from my local health shop.

Does anyone remember Delph range- lemon cleansing milk, I can smell it now :) sadly its another range that is long gone, and I have searched the internet for it.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1301&dat=19710325&id=WwhkAAAAIBAJ&sjid=j_EDAAAAIBAJ&pg=5913,9284727
Pages: 1 [2] 3