Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: hrt and insomnia  (Read 3161 times)

Jo g

hrt and insomnia
« on: September 16, 2013, 12:35:17 PM »

Hi

Keen to hear from anyone who has experienced insomnia, not getting off to sleep and having erratic periods, who have found going on HRT to be successful.

Harana

Re: hrt and insomnia
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 10:33:18 PM »

Well it has helped me dramatically - only on second packet of elleste duet - having been on the menopause roller coaster for the last year - I'm sleeping much better I was waking during the night as opposed to not getting over. Tablets are taking a while to get used to but the benefits of reduced meno symptoms outweigh the side effects of the tabs for me - if that makes sense.
Hope u get sorted soon
x

Clara

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 04:48:03 PM »

Hi Jo g

I'm a returning newbie and just saw your question.

HRT works wonders for my insomnia, I've been on it for several years and the times I've tried to come off it or had to for some other reason I have had the horrendous insomnia return.  Not being able to get off to sleep then wakening a couple of hours later.  Getting up and pacing about, going down to put the kettle on, back up to try to sleep again.  Up again, etc. etc.

Only having about 3 or 4 hours of disturbed sleep a night made me feel ill during the days.  Once back on the HRT within a week I was sleeping normally again.

So for me it has been wonderful in that respect.

Good luck
Clara

Clovie

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2013, 05:11:24 PM »

Hi Jo

I've been on HRT for a good few months now, about 7 months and I'm afraid to say it hasn't helped my insomnia much, perhaps a tiny bit but nothing remarkable  :(
I was hopeful that if I changed to utrogestan for the progesterone that it would have a nice sedative effect on me as other ladies have said it has for them, but sadly not for me.
I've had insomnia for many years now so I suppose I'm used to it, grateful that the HRT stopped my hot moments though  :)

you might be lucky though x