Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Parents Sweet Revenge  (Read 9489 times)

Taz2

Parents Sweet Revenge
« on: September 20, 2013, 04:39:25 PM »

I don't know if any of you have seen this. It's an Ebay listing

"Seller assumes all responsibility for this listing.
Item specifics
Number of Tickets:   
Region:   
New South Wales
THIS AUCTION IS FOR ALL 4 ONE DIRECTION TICKETS IN SYDNEY OCTOBER 25th. You can thank my daughters self righteous and lippy attitude for their sale. See sweety? And you thought I was bluffing. I hope the scowl on your bitchy little friends faces when you tell them that your dad and i revoked the gift we were giving you all reminds you that your PARENTS are the ones that deserve love and respect more than anyone. And your silly little pack mentality of taking your parents for fools is one sadly mistaken. Anyhow. Your loss someone else's gain who deserves them! THE TICKETS ARE SEATED IN ROW O section 57. REMEMBER AUCTION IS FOR ALL 4 TICKETS and will be sent registered post

...OH YOUR FRIENDS THOUGHT THAT A FEW PRANKS CALLS WOULD PUT ME OFF SELLING THE GIFT WE BOUGHT FOR THEM for YOUR BIRTHDAY because YOU all LIED to us about sleep overs so you could hang like little trollops at an older guys HOUSE????? Pffft!! I find it HIGHLY amusing that you girls think you invented this stuff. Tricks like this on OUR parents is how HALF of you were conceived .....And why a lot of your friends DONT have an address to send that Fathers day card to!!! I'm not your friend. I'm your MOTHER. And I am here to give you the boundaries that YOU NEED to become a functional responsible adult. You may hate me now..... But I don't care. Its my job to raise a responsible adult..not nuture bad habits in my teen age child"

Good for her!!

Taz x

Joyce

Re: Parents Sweet Revenge
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 05:55:02 PM »

Wow! Good for her. Hard lesson, but hopefully one this girl will learn from.

honeybun

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 07:18:30 PM »

Oh heck....now that's the way to do it. I have exacted punishment when my kids were younger. The joy/ nightmare of living in a very small town where you're mother knows so many people is that before you even reach home the phone has rung three times. It took ages before my kids figured out this small fact...  ;D
Now they are older I have to close my eyes and hope.

Good on her.

Honeyb
X

bramble

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2013, 08:57:01 PM »

I applaud the sentiment but abhor the language and tone!

Bramble

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2013, 09:52:07 PM »

They're also going to make a killing 24,000 Australian Dollars is the latest bid. http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a517341/mother-takes-revenge-on-girl-by-listing-one-direction-tickets-on-ebay.html

Taz  ;D

Joyce

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2013, 10:35:30 AM »

Oh that's wrong! One thing teaching a lesson but not profiting from it.  Unless they donate profits to a charity.

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2013, 11:14:14 AM »

I guess it's up to them. Their money originally so their decision. The whole thing of selling tickets for big concerts for more than the face value is wrong in my opinion but until it's stopped then I reckon they are within their rights to spend the money on what they want - just my thoughts of course.  of course the whole story could have have been made up anyway just to generate more interest. Not that I have a suspicious mind of course..  ;D

Taz x

Joyce

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2013, 06:10:59 PM »

Hubby looked at it, reckons they are within their rights. He also thought parents maybe didn't expect it to take off the way it has. Yeh ho.

Taz2

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2013, 07:23:36 PM »

Yes they are within their rights to re-sell tickets on EBay although it is frowned upon and some ticket outlets do try to restrict this by only sending out tickets a few days before a gig.

Not sure what the latest bid is!

Taz x

honeybun

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2013, 08:12:43 PM »

I have sold on tickets for gigs a few times both on gumtree and eBay. I have always made a point of saying on the listings that I don't want to make a profit just get my money back.
I think that's only fair.

Honeyb
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2013, 06:11:36 PM »

The 'I'm your parent live with it' type joke has been around a while  ::) ............. my parents were teachers in a small village so any news got home before I did ............  :-\