Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: I wish I didn't do this  (Read 9007 times)

countrybumpkin

I wish I didn't do this
« on: September 20, 2013, 12:20:32 PM »

This is a bit weird but here goes. My family all say I a "witchy" and its a good job I wasn't born a few hundred yeas ago ;D
I was born with severe sight problems and was told by a Dr that all babies have a 6th sense that means they can feel other emotions hence the stressed mother and screaming baby scenario and that at age 2 children lose this sense as other senses become prominent like sight and hearing.  If for any reason one of the senses is faulty then this 6th sense stays so that made sense of why I  can tell how someone is feeling instantly when I am with them.
I am also one of those people who know who is on the phone and also I will suddenly get a desperate need to contact someone and its always because something is not right with them.
My family and friends are used to me and make fun of me as I do myself.  BUT  3 days ago I suddenly said out of the blue to my husband that an elderly relative was going to die :o soon. He was elderly but very with it and living life to the full. 
I forgot what I said but today his daughter rang me to say he had died last night totally unexpectedly. 
I couldn't help but burst out with how weird and what I had said to my husband and she just laughed and said good job they don't have stakes anymore!
I just wondered if anyone else does this sort of thing.
I have always put most of my witchy things down to what the Dr explained about childrens 6 sense and I tell myself that its just coincedence that my relative died 3 days after but do feel its a bit strange!

Rowan

Re: I wish I didn't do this
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 12:37:07 PM »

Countrybumkin I have had the same  sensitivities as you, I think many do, I also seem to feel other peoples physical pain and feel it is my body, I think there is a name for it, I also have Synesthesia  I think in colours.

We all have the sixth sense, think about how you know if someone is staring at you from behind, you know and turn round.

I always felt a little different but since the internet I have found information that shows that lots of people have these oddities usually a brain and sense thing.

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 03:07:02 PM »

I'm like that too!  :)  My Mum and I are also telepathic and we know when the phone is going to ring. 

I have scores of tales I could tell you but one was .... one day I was gardening and for some reason Paula Yates came into my mind and all the names of her kids kept going over & over in my mind.  I was outside most of the day and when I came in I put the radio on and it was announcing that she had been found dead.  I was not a fan of hers and had no interest in her so I have no idea why this happened.

The second incident was the Soham murders.  I told my friend that I kept getting this image of somebody who worked at their school but in a non-teaching capacity. I also described the house where they were and some large wooden gates and a dog.  My friend listened with interest and I also told her there was a red car involved.   At the time the police were looking for a green car I believe.  My friend insisted I wrote to the police which I did but I never heard back from them.  A few days  later my friend rang and said "you'd better put the news on, they are just towing away a red car from the caretaker's house." 

countrybumpkin

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2013, 04:31:02 PM »

Glad I am not the only one with this!

wow the soham murders detail is unbelievably correct, that must have been very scary for you at the time.

I don't get anything like that but it just gave me such a jolt when my thought happened!

Rose

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2013, 03:07:38 AM »

Hi Cb, only just saw this post. You are not the only one who gets these premonitions. I come from a psychic family and read the tarot. It's absolutely amazing some of the things that come to me when I am reading (I try to switch off outside of reading or I'd go mad). One woman whose husband, John, died 2 years ago but I kept getting the name Brian. It turned out that all through his teens he preferred to be called Brian (seems he still does) and when I asked why was I being shown horses, she said he'd always been terrified of them. There are lots of people who have this gift. It's just knowing how to harness it and not be afraid.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2013, 06:04:11 PM »

I have had experiences with 2nd sight, always when stressed.  Don't tell others now, in case they find the village stocks  ;)

Rose

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2013, 11:38:00 PM »

Yes CLKD, those poor women who were mostly alone but knew how to make medicine from plants, were the targets. I always wonder who thought of the brilliant idea that if you tie a woman up, drown her in the river then she wasn't a witch! Amazing foresight don't you think?