Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Hi All - I'm At My Wits Ends!  (Read 3732 times)

polly65

Hi All - I'm At My Wits Ends!
« on: September 17, 2013, 02:10:02 PM »

Looked on the forum many times but never posted, this is my first time. I am 47, been period free for over 12 months and had all the usual nasty syptoms that mother nature gives us during menopause. After much soul searching I went to see my GP and he prescribed me Nuvelle continuus and I have been taking them now for 2 weeks - i'm feeling so miserable, emotional, tearful, snappy and no interest in anything - almost like bad PMT from what I remember (I didn't have these feelings before starting this treatment) I would appreciate any advise please as I don't know if I should give these meds more time to bed in or whether it's just a case that they just don't suit me. I feel Like i'm sinking fast  :'(

honeybun

Re: Hi All - I'm At My Wits Ends!
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 02:33:34 PM »

I am not sure which progesterone is in this but you can have a search in the green menu. Perhaps this type of progesterone does not suit you. The general rule is to give it three months to see if it settles and suits you but that is very hard to do if you feel rough.

Utrogestan is a bio identical progesterone which generally suits better than the likes of norethisterone which can give PMT type symptoms.

Oh and welcome to the forum.

Honeyb
X

polly65

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 03:10:52 PM »

Hi Honeyb

Thanks so much for your reply and for the welcome  :), Nuvelle does contain norethisterone - i've just checked out the leaflet. I will try and hold out for a bit longer - if I get worse i'll pop back to see my GP x

Kathleen

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2013, 04:18:53 PM »

Hello polly65.
Just wanted to add my welcome and to let you know that the forum is a mine of information, especially helpful when you find yourself struggling. You are not alone.
Take care.
K.

Dyan

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2013, 07:59:17 PM »

Welcome from me too polly65 :)

Dyan x

Meg

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2013, 12:50:21 AM »

If it is any consolation, I was not able to tolerate the norethisterone.  Tried it a long while back in a continuous HRT and felt really bloated amongst many other things.  I think it is more closely related to testosterone and many women cant tolerate it.  I stuck it for two months but had to pack it in.  If the side-effects are worse than the original symptoms, what can you do.

Meg

polly65

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2013, 04:19:47 PM »

Thanks everyone - I have to agree with you Meg, i've got to decide if i'm going to be better off without the meds rather than suffer with the side affects - think I know deep down what the answer is  :-\

Rose

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2013, 11:38:49 PM »

Polly, have you thought of trying any other types of HRT? I am sensitive to most medications but found kilovance to be very good at the start and then went on to Kilogest. There are many types of HRT out there if you don't want to suffer the menopause in it's entirety.