Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: MenOH Mayhem!!!  (Read 2526 times)

poo brain

MenOH Mayhem!!!
« on: September 23, 2013, 11:16:03 AM »

Hi girlies, I'm newish here and thought I had better introduce myself and give a little of my story.  I'm 56 and had been 5 months with no period and was starting to feel half human again when WHAM a prolonged (6 week), heavy period began and I had to seek the help of GP to stop the bleed which she did with Norethisterone.  Since this I have been feeling pants with many meno symptoms, anxiety, shaky, and have been off work now for 2 weeks.  Don't really want to start HRT as my old bod doesn't usually like taking meds, so gonna have to dust myself down and ride this menopausal mare bareback.  Just wondered if you think this is just a meno blip and, given time, things should revert to how I was feeling before this last (horrid) period.  At the moment I can't see me facing work for another week or so - how do others cope with work along with the menopause?  Any help/advice gratefully accepted.  Love and light to all xx

honeybun

Re: MenOH Mayhem!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 12:30:34 PM »

It sounds as if you have hit meno quite late. Unfortunately no one can tell how it will go because we are all different. However we all suffer with decreasing hormone levels and this is what's causes the problems.
I understand about not wanting to take medication but HRT is really what it says...a replacement. Many women find patches much easier to tolerate and it really is the only way to control the symptoms that you are feeling.
It's really a very personal choice though. You can use alternative medicine and if you look at the menu on the left you can see some of the choices.

I don't work so I can't comment except to say if I was not on HRT then I would not have been able to cope.

There will be others along soon with their own experiences.

Honeyb
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 12:50:13 PM »

:welcomemm:  have you read through the menus left of screen?

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2013, 05:48:08 PM »

Hi poobrain

Welcome from me too!

Are you still taking the norethisterone? This can cause unpleansant symptoms in some women.

I agree with honeybun - HRT isn't meds - especially if you go for the ones that are bio-identical (ie estradiol and progesterone), and like her I would not have been able to cope. It was working almost full-time that made me start HRT in the first place as I couldn't function properly. Now post-meno I continue to have it for health reasons.

Hurdity x

poo brain

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2013, 07:33:19 PM »

Thanks gals xx