Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Cleaning toilets  (Read 12954 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Cleaning toilets
« on: September 15, 2013, 02:46:51 PM »

:(  ....... I am FED up with going into public loos to find that there is pee on the floor, the seat: or worse  >:(.  I wish that parents would go with their children and check that the facility is left clean.  I think that parents send their kids in whilst they are shopping without realising that the loo is left in a stinky mess  :whip:

I was reading camp site reports and it appears it's a problem there too.  FOR GOODNESS SAKE  :argue:  please let friend with children know that this is a problem!

Taz2

Re: Cleaning toilets
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 03:17:08 PM »

How do you know it's children CLKD? Most parents would not let a child use a public loo on their own - at least while they are at the age when they are not able to use a toilet properly. You should report such toilets to the appropriate local authority as well so that any cleaners can be checked on.

Taz

honeybun

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 04:10:22 PM »

My kids never went to a public loo on their own when they were small. They were not messy at home so why would they be messy in a public loo.You are more likely to find an child washing their hands than some adults.
Not fair at all to blame kids.

Honeyb
X

Joyce

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2013, 04:25:19 PM »

I agree some adults do not give a toss. When I go for swim, the number of ladies who flush & leave without so much as turning a tap on.  >:(

Would never leave a child to go on their own. When a bit older I used to be on other side of door when mine needed to spend a penny.

If loos not clean, there's usually someone you can contact about it.

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2013, 04:32:05 PM »

Because I have seen kids going into toilets in Supermarkets ........... and followed them in to the cubicle  >:(

honeybun

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2013, 04:51:05 PM »

Well don't follow them then.

:-\

Honeyb
X

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2013, 05:23:14 PM »

You need to report it to the supermarket customer services then and the cleaner will be despatched to sort it out.

Taz

susie56

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2013, 06:22:09 PM »

Not just kids I fear.  I was on a campsite last week ( no kids around) and had to flush a loo which had been used for No 2s and not flushed before I could use it  Pretty disgusting!  Motorway sevices can be pretty bad for this too.

honeybun

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2013, 06:46:25 PM »

Maybe we should start a list of best and worse toilets. When I go into a cafe or restaurant if the toilets are disgusting then I won't go back.

This year for me.....Best toilets.....Dobbies Garden Centre in Ayr.
Absolute worse ever....rather wee behind a bush ....Isle of Cumbrae toilets on the pier. Shocking.

Honeyb
X

Taz2

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2013, 07:16:19 PM »

honeybun

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2013, 08:23:10 PM »

Nope not widdled in any of those  ;D

Honeyb
X

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2013, 10:16:21 AM »

I agree some adults do not give a toss. When I go for swim, the number of ladies who flush & leave without so much as turning a tap on.  >:(
Would never leave a child to go on their own. When a bit older I used to be on other side of door when mine needed to spend a penny.

If loos not clean, there's usually someone you can contact about it.

Some may be like me - I refuse to touch dirty taps and grubby sinks and towels so I always carry a small bottle of antiseptic handwash and use that.   :)

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2013, 10:18:39 AM »

Likewise Pennyfarthing - working on the assumption that by the time I get to the sink I have pulled up knickers, jeans, tucked in my shirt, picked up my bag ...... opened the door, so any germs will be gone elsewhere  ::) - we have hand-wash and small hand-wash cloths in the kitchen, spare room, camper van  ::)

I wish that parents would check after their kids ........... and teach them to flush, clean the seat, not put loo paper ALL OVER THE FLOOR !

I have a system for how clean a facility is - 10 is BAD, 0 is OK ...........

Joyce

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2013, 10:31:21 AM »

Wish I'd found the ones in St Helier as bus station ones were horrid, though not the worst I've ever used.

Well never saw any use antiseptic hand wash. Straight out the door, unless they use it once outside.

Taz2

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2013, 10:37:54 AM »

Soap and water is better Penny (if available) - the antiseptic hand washes don't fight bugs such as C.Dif and the noro virus which you find lurking in toilets..

CLKD - if you go to gigs like I do where the age restriction is over 18 and visit the toilets you will appreciate that a lot of the parents who should be "clearing up" after their kids are actually the ones doing it!

We had a visit from the local authority hygiene team at our school and they were trying to spread the word that handwashes and sprays are not as effective as soaps. Also, the antibacterial soaps used by everyone nowadays have meant the germs are getting immune to them. Warm water and soap for washing hands front and back and up over the wrist area. It was quite an eye opener.

Taz
Pages: [1] 2