Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Maybe my symptoms aren't related to menopause???  (Read 2863 times)

itsmetina

Maybe my symptoms aren't related to menopause???
« on: September 10, 2013, 01:14:17 AM »

Hello, it's the 43 year old paranoid menopausal woman
Again ;). A friend of mine came over the other night and of course I was talking about my burning and itching vaginal issues blaming menopause blah blah and she said what if it's not from menopause and it's mental issues or eczema .  Although I've thought that it could be one or the other I wondered what your thoughts on this too?  Of course I have my gyno appointment next Monday but could he also just assume it's menopause related -
Sigh who knows just wanted to throw this out on the board.

Thanks for listening :)

ancient runner

Re: Maybe my symptoms aren't related to menopause???
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 08:26:34 AM »

Well your gynae will be able to have a look and you can see if it's eczema, surely? (and then give some treatment)
And using an HRT cream would probably establish whether or not it was to do with the menopause. (And it probably is. Is there a reason your friend is trying to say it's probably something else Tina?)

lesley998

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 07:58:02 PM »

Hi itsmetina

Friend of mine had burning, painful vagina with no redness or signs of inflammation and was subsequently diagnosed with vulvodynia. 

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vulvodynia/Pages/Introduction.aspx

itsmetina

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 01:06:22 AM »

I think my friend said that because I've told her that I don't notice any difference using the vagifem - I never really felt dryness inside and my problems have always been the outside if my vagina so she thinks maybe I shouldn't be taking any internal menopause creams.  I'll check out that link - thanks :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 12:53:52 PM »

You need to speak with your prescribing practitoner  ;)  ........... it sounds menopausal to me  ::)