Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hysterectomy  (Read 7368 times)

Melbury

Re: Hysterectomy
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2013, 08:22:09 PM »

Good luck for your operation Melbury.I hope you make a great recovery.
I have today been diagnosed with 8cm cyst on ovary.....(I'm 50 and post menopause)' I have no idea what comes next and feeling rather anxious., not sure what options are open to me or which path to take....
Take care
Debs x

Thanks for your good wishes debil, but I actually had my hysterectomy ten years ago :)

Best decision I ever made, life changing!

debil

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2013, 08:31:35 PM »

Oh what an idiot I am Melbury.....I meant to wish the post originator the best if luck with her op. :-\..but glad all went well for you too !! It's taking me a bit if time to find my way around but I will persevere !!
Debs

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2013, 02:44:34 PM »

Little steps.  We don't bite  ;)

Melbury

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2013, 06:13:28 PM »

Oh what an idiot I am Melbury.....I meant to wish the post originator the best if luck with her op. :-\..but glad all went well for you too !! It's taking me a bit if time to find my way around but I will persevere !!
Debs

Thanks it did go very well, just don't know why I dithered about having it done for so long.

Pauline

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2013, 07:22:52 PM »

I hope it all goes well for you. I had a TAH in 1992 for bleeding of such quantity that the bathroom regularly resembled a battlefield at Waterloo. I am so pleased I did as I could hardly walk for anaemia by the time I went in. I needed a blood transfusion but felt great about a year later. The ladies are right, I'm afraid. This is a major op and, if you have the removal abdominally there is a lot of healing that has to take place. I rode about 8 weeks after the op but was back driving within 4. A friend of mine struggled to negotiate stairs for a long time but that was fine for me. We are all different.
You will get various sensations as you heal. One of mine was a feeling of very tight knicker elastic round my groin and little shooting needles as the nerves reknit.
Try to get all the help you can well in advance of the procedure. It helps to be well organised and, maybe, with the animals try to organise some sort of rota amongst your willing friends if they are happy and competent to help with the livestock.
Focus on how strong and well you will feel once fully recovered and the best of luck. There is always someone on here to help and advise so do keep us informed of your progress and any worries you have.

Annika

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2013, 12:55:33 AM »

Wishing you the very best having this operation was the best thing I ever did and hope your outcome is the same too. I had nothing but bleeding,cysts and fibroids too and asked my doctor for a hysterectomy in 2011. I was in bad shape with anemia when I went in the hospital but the weeks that followed I knew I was getting better and better each day. It does take time to recover and you will need some help and as women we tend not to ask for enough, this is not the time to be superwoman ask.  I would recommend a great website called Hystersisters.com that will take you through the preparation and share experiences with other ladies that have been though the same thing. Best of luck and take care... :hug:

Sparky64

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2013, 07:35:51 PM »

I'm 6 weeks post op TAH both ovaries removed.. I have recovered really well I had the odd day where I was sore but other than that all good, did have to get iron tablet from the doc though as was anaemic after the surgery..My stomach is still a little tender but I think that is to be expected after all it is major surgery. Stomach still swollen as well but am told this is normal.

The only downer is surgical menopause.... It's horrendous

Hope you're recovering well

Sparky
Pages: 1 [2]