Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Please help  (Read 1800 times)

Debbies4559

Please help
« on: September 09, 2013, 06:59:00 PM »

Hi please can anybody offer advice. For the last two years I have been having the following symptons - heart palpitations , shaking, anxiety and panic attacks, bowel problems, smell problems, sleep problems including really bad nightmares, dizziness, memory problems and confusion at different times of the month. I have been tested for everything from the doctors. They have put me on progesterone only pill but no help and are now saying hrt. I am 44. Can anyone pleeeeease offer any advise cas I feel like I am going mad.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Please help
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 10:24:27 AM »

:hug:  HORMONES  >:(

I can't give much support as I'm very woozy myself today  ::) - have you read the menu - left of screen?

HRT can help.  It can be Trial and Error though, no quick fix  :-\

Sure someone else will be along soon .......

pansypotter

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 03:42:23 PM »

debbie it sounds like the early stages of the menopause which you CAN have early so you must see your GP

Smokey

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 07:58:44 PM »

I can relate to some of your symptoms as started peri meno at 45 and I too felt like I was going mad luckily I had a sympathetic doc who advised HRT to protect my Bones etc as well as deal with the horrible symptoms.

I was put on the patch everol Sequil 50 and was relieved to find them starting to work after 4or 5 days and they seem to suit me as I've not had any problems with them.

Why don't you book an appointment with your doc for a chat and see what she recommends if you look on the left under the green menu it shows you all the different hrts available .

Take a list of questions with you as you won't remember them when your there, well I never anyway!

Things will get better, I'm sure

Good luck

Debbies4559

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2013, 09:10:56 PM »

Hi smokey went to doctor today and she has prescribed elleste duet tablets do you know if they are any good

Deb x

Smokey

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2013, 07:59:23 AM »

Glad you have got to the Docs  I can't really comment about the tabs as I have no experience of them however I'm sure there are other ladies on them that may be along to help.

If they don't give you any relief the good news is there are plenty of other tpes to try, I think Docs like us to try for about three months on one type before changing.

I would think you should notice some improvement in a couple of weeks or so but everyone is different,I'll keep my fingers crossed for you xxx

Let me know how you get on!