Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Irregular periods and hrt  (Read 3111 times)

Spangles

Irregular periods and hrt
« on: September 08, 2013, 05:06:27 PM »

Hi ladies

I was just wondering, is it normal to have erratic irregular periods whilst taking hrt?
Thanks
Shellb
xXx

Taz2

Re: Irregular periods and hrt
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 04:55:28 PM »

Which HRT are you on Shellb?

Taz x

Smokey

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 03:35:02 PM »

How long have you been on it?

Spangles

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 06:08:28 AM »

Hi ladies
In total I have been on hrt for about 10 months but I'm now on my fourth type, this one is femseven sequi patches, and I am just 3 months into it. The others I couldn't settle on, I'm not 100% on this but it seems better than the others I have tried.
Thanks
Shellb
xXx

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2013, 07:07:19 AM »

Hi Shellb - it sounds as if you might not be absorbing the hormones properly if you are getting irregular bleeds on Femseven. How irregular are they.

Taz

Loolla

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2013, 10:44:31 PM »

Hi ladies

I was just wondering, is it normal to have erratic irregular periods whilst taking hrt?
Thanks
Shellb
xXx

Help please
On a similar query, I mis scheduled my utrogestan, how can I ensure am not bleeding in 3days time when lover will be with me, should I take utrogestan day before to stop bleed?  Help

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2013, 04:01:32 PM »

Hi Loolla - :welcomemm: why not introduce yourself in the new members section and tell us about yourself?

re your query - I don't know what you mean by mis-schedule. Do you mean you worked out your cycle and it turns out you will bleed at the "wrong" time?

It depends whether you are peri or post-meno. If you are peri  - have you started taking it yet? If not then you could start taking it now and hope to delay the bleeding. If you are taking it and due to stop then you could just continue for a bit longer until past the day. it is the drop in progesterone which usually triggers the bleed but if you are still peri then you may have some of your own so may still bleed if you see what I mean!

Hurdity x

Spangles

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2013, 07:12:06 AM »

Hi Taz
I've Ben on it for three months now and only had one period when I first started it.
Thanks
Shellb