Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Estradot and Utrogestasn do i get bleed?  (Read 2977 times)

Butterfly22

Estradot and Utrogestasn do i get bleed?
« on: September 05, 2013, 06:51:44 PM »

Ive started this combo, patch all the time and Utrogestan for days 1-14, should i expect a bleed as feel quite bloated and slight pain? x

honeybun

Re: Estradot and Utrogestasn do i get bleed?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 06:56:12 PM »

Is it 200 utrogestan that you are on.
You should get a bleed when you withdraw the progesterone but not all women do every month. You will have to wait and see.

Hope you feel better soon.

Honeyb
X

Butterfly22

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 07:32:50 PM »

Hi thanks for reply no im on 100, i guess it just waiting to see, just feel like i need to get a period and id feel better, xxx
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 07:45:13 PM by lila22 »

honeybun

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 07:53:58 PM »

The 100 is used for a non bleed HRT and the 200 for a bleed type. Using the 100 for the short time that you are may not be enough to make you have a bleed. The 100is used for 25 days per month.

What kind and what strength of patch are you on. You must make sure the balance is correct as not using enough progesterone could cause a build up of the womb lining.

Honeyb
X

Cassie

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2013, 08:03:35 PM »

You will get a bleed on the 100 even if you use it for as little as 7 days, well I did as did my friend who is on the same combo, 14 days seems to be quite accepted by some Gynaes even with the 100. You should get a bleed about 5 days after stopping the Utro. I wish that I could go back to the 100 am now on 200 for 10 days as the 100 was not strong enough and as HB says you have to balance it with the oestrogen that you are taking or else you can get too thick a lining and breakthrough bleeding but as long as you are going for regular ultrasounds to check the lining of your uterus, then you should be just great. Let us know how it goes.

Butterfly22

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2013, 06:19:27 PM »

Thankyou for replys ladies, sorry im late to reply back but ive been poorly with my ME.
Im on the 50 patch at the moment but do plan going higher, just the trouble ive had want to do it slowly. Im also taking the tablets day 1-14 each month, still no bleed but feel really bloated x x

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2013, 07:07:43 PM »

Are you still taking the utrogestan or have you stopped now? The bleed should come after you stop as Cassie says - mine come 2-3 days after, usually. Whether and how heavy your bleed will be also depends on how far into meno you are and how long since your last period before starting HRT, amongst other things.

Hurdity x

Cassie

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2013, 07:15:55 PM »

It only comes once you have stopped, the withdrawal bleed is caused by the drop in Progesterone levels, mine comes like clockwork on day 5, so hang in there :)

Butterfly22

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2013, 08:03:13 PM »

on the 14th i stop so fingers crossed, i started the menopause at 25 and im 39 now, cant really remember when my last proper bleed was as had a few on different hrts, guess im just at the stage of needing a period, fingers crossed one comes x x thanks ladies x x

Cassie

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2013, 06:57:28 AM »

It will :) xx

Butterfly22

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2013, 07:47:59 AM »

:)xx