Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Everol Sequil patches  (Read 4329 times)

Smokey

Everol Sequil patches
« on: September 03, 2013, 04:00:38 PM »

Ive been on HRT patches now for nearly three years and get a monthly bleed on patch 6ish but this month I just had a bit of brown discharge and no period as such. What I want to know is if your menopause is further along than peri do your periods just stop even though your on Sequil patches and you then have to change to conti ones or does the Sequil patches make you have a period.?  Or do I  have to stop HRT for a while to see where I am in meno( don't really want to do that!) I stil get some symptoms now while I'm on it fuzzy head etc!

I'd be grateful for all you wise ladies information as the best thing to do.

carrs

Re: Everol Sequil patches
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 10:22:43 PM »

Hi
When I started on HRT patches - same as evorel sequi - I was having bad periods every 3 months or so. But my periods stopped altogether within a few months or so. I realise the information on the packet says you will have a monthly bleed, but it really doesn't matter. I think the patches stopped my periods; I don't think it was a coincidence.
Just carry on with what you are using. You don't have to switch to the conti patches. It's possible you might still have occasional periods for a while longer.

I don't know the answer to the symptoms unfortunately, - I am getting more now than I did a couple of years ago and I don't know what to do about that.

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 10:27:21 PM »

Most women do carry on having bleeds with a sequi patch because usually it is the withdrawal of the progesterone which triggers a bleed. If you have always had bleeds on this particular HRT but now don't I would mention this to the doc just to check that your womb lining is not building up too much. If you swap to a conti HRT you will only pay one prescription charge instead of two which is something to consider maybe!

Taz x

Smokey

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 03:30:53 PM »

Thanks for your replys Carrie and Taz2

I'm going to wait and see if a period arrives this month it should be in next couple of weeks,if not I will speak to my doctor.

Carrie I'm getting some symptoms again a bit insecure feelings and my back keeps getting hot and then itchy several times a day. What symptoms are you getting?

It maybe that we need to increase out dose if the symptoms get too bad!

carrs

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 08:48:33 PM »

Hi
I have no idea about increasing the dose - at the moment I'm trying to keep my head down and not say much to the GP's because I think they are more likely to try to stop me having anything because it's now nearly 5 years since I started patches and I will be 60 in a few years time.

I have had a couple episodes of dizziness (not really a problem) and aches and stiffness again, which is bad. Also insomnia. I don't know why, apart from the fact that I have put on a bit of weight. Do I need more HRT, or should I be cutting down, as the GP's suggest? So confusing.

Smokey

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2013, 08:20:47 AM »

Yep confusing is the right word! I don't know what dose your on at the moment but gps seem to be less informed with HRT and the age limit is your GP a man? Over 40 ? Seems younger ones learnt more about HRT regarding age limits and risks when they trained where as older ones it was all a no no in them days!

I am seeing doc on Friday for skin patches which look like impetigo but seem to be getting more and they are really dry, also for my arm /shoulder as I remember reaching for something that fell on the floor when I was in bed and I think I over- reached as had sudden servers pain about three months ago and I'm in agony every time I try to put my arm behind me ie to put cardi or coat on I think I may have torn something! Great and I'm only 47 and feel about 90 some days.

I am going to ask if I can increase my patch to 75 as I have been getting symptoms back tearfull insecurities and in the middle of last night got ringing in one ear and it was so load in the quite of the night and I nearly had a panick attack! Hubby was away which made it worse I just hope it's hormones and I can get rid of it as its horrid!