Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: FemSeven Conti  (Read 3544 times)

SilverFairy

FemSeven Conti
« on: September 03, 2013, 09:43:22 AM »

After two types of HRT causing daily headaches I have been put on the FemSeven Conti patch. How long does it take for this to take total effect? And has anyone managed to put the patch on properly! Not sure why they use a plastic type material as opposed to rubber which would mould better on the skin  ::)

Taz2

Re: FemSeven Conti
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 10:30:43 AM »

I think it depends on which symptoms you want to relieve as to how long it takes. The hot flushes disappeared within forty-eight hours when I first started patch HRT. What problems are you having with applying the patch? Femseven is notorious for coming unstuck and it is really important that you follow the directions to the letter - especially the part about holding it firmly in place with a warm palm for the right amount of time. It is important to get it to stick properly to the skin as the hormones are in the adhesive.

Good luck!

Taz

SilverFairy

Re: FemSeven Conti
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2013, 03:16:06 PM »

Thanks Taz. I am now on my eighth week of FemSeven Conti and it doesnt seem too bad but I havent got to the time when the other two HRT's caused headaches (about 3/4 months in) so only time will tell. I still have kind of a half hearted flush sometimes but mood definately improved!
My main problems at present are extreme fatigue and water retention but they could be both to do with my Graves disease. Going on HRT has definately changed some of my Graves symptoms. Does anyone know how the thyroid and female hormones work with each other? I may have to adjust my ATM because of the HRT?