Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: travel following surgery  (Read 3652 times)

debil

travel following surgery
« on: September 01, 2013, 07:05:50 PM »

I am expecting to have to undergo surgery  to remove a large ovarian cyst. Does anyone know when you are able to fly following the various procedures. I have a holiday in Spain booked for October 19th and another to australia booked for December 27th. I fear if I have to have an op, t's going to be difficult to manage this without having to cancel!
Debs

Limpy

Re: travel following surgery
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 07:24:09 PM »

When is the Op?
Assume it will need GA....
Ask your doctors what would be the best thing to do
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 07:25:59 PM by Limpy »

Babylon Burning

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 07:46:53 AM »

I had the long vertical incision for my TAH and was told not to fly for 12 weeks.  I threw caution to the wind and flew after 10 and was fine, especially with my sexy surgical stockings!  If you are having a less invasive procedure, it will probably be a lot less than 12 weeks.  Good luck with it all.

Suzi Q

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 01:23:04 PM »

I am expecting to have to undergo surgery  to remove a large ovarian cyst. Does anyone know when you are able to fly following the various procedures. I have a holiday in Spain booked for October 19th and another to australia booked for December 27th. I fear if I have to have an op, t's going to be difficult to manage this without having to cancel!
Debs
[/quote

Id check with GP I dont kow about the Ozz one although thats the furthests away
Its say from UK 14hrs and another 8 in the air DVT is a problem for anyone
IOd be checking and also making a stop over on the way to Ozz to break it up
Spain Id ihtnk if oyur having it in the next week or so but if its end of September Id not thnk it was safe plus what if oyu got an infection or anything can you delay Spain for 2 weeks?
I presume you took out trave insurance? and if its a reputable holiday group with a medical note theyd change it insurance or not I hjope youve not fully paid yet so check today or tomorrow xxxxxxxxx

debil

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2013, 01:47:47 PM »

Thanks both for your replies....
I'm not sure exactly what or when is likely to happen now.....just been to GP and I have 2 week referral to gynae.... (see my other post)...Am worrying myself silly about that now so holidays are at the back of my mind!!! ( always something to worry about)
We do have insurance and I think the op will take place within the month but ik not sure what will happen- the GP just told me they may drain it but im not so sure.....I am preparing to cancel the October flight......am just praying that all is ok with my cyst and test results and that I get the all clear.
, if that happens I will be overjoyed and I don't really care about the holidays...
We do have travel insurance though but we wont be able to go another ime as have to fit in with school holidays.
never mind.....one day at a a time
Debs xx

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2013, 07:20:59 AM »

Hope you soon find out Debil. It's a nuisance when you have to fit around school holidays. It looks as if your half term is a week earlier than ours.

Taz