Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Ear pain  (Read 1852 times)

nigela

Ear pain
« on: September 10, 2013, 07:20:37 PM »

Hi Still suffering with ear pain. Told it was red and fluid behind drum.I had what seemed like an infection in one ear. was months before the doctors would give me antibiotics. Then after second course I was pain free for 11 days. However the pain came back, It is worse if I Have laid on it. Now the other ear is paining the same. The ENT only looked in it with the same instrument as my GP as the centre i saw him at had no equipment. Now they  are saying maybe its nerve again. have to wait 3 weeks to see Gp again!
Anyone else had bad stinging pain after laying on ears?.
Nigela

Morwenna

Re: Ear pain
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 08:22:50 AM »

Yes - but it's outer ear pain as in cartilage. I was referred to a Maxillofacial clinic where Perichondritis was diagnosed and they made me a foam 'cushion' to wear on my 'bad' ear at night time. I'm not convinced in respect of the diagnosis and have found the cushion no help at all. The only thing that helps is to not lay on either ear for too long. This involves bunching my pillow up so only the top part of my head is resting on it in bed and switching sides frequently. After the initial episode of ear pain two years ago which lasted several weeks and was excruciating, using the management techniques above I've reached a point where I can comfortably live with the condition.

An ENT clinic with no equipment doesn't sound very professional - I had a total head x-ray - I think you need to demand to be investigated more thoroughly Nigela.

nigela

Re: Ear pain
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 08:36:58 AM »

Thanks Morwenna Yes I do agree I think I do!
also trying the no ear on  pillow thing!