Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Advice on utrogestan  (Read 2609 times)

Libralady

Advice on utrogestan
« on: September 03, 2013, 12:03:20 PM »

Hello,

I was at my GP this morning and got a script for estradot 50 and utrogestan 200 to take from day 15 to 26. This is my third change as evorel sequi gave me terrible progesterone side effects and femseven sequi kept falling off.
I am confused when i read the forums if I can use the utrogestan vaginally. I asked the pharmacist and she said i had to take them orally. I looked on internet and confused as to whether there are 2 types of utrogestan, one for oral and one for vaginal use. I would rather take vaginally to minimise side effects.

honeybun

Re: Advice on utrogestan
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 12:44:12 PM »

It's the same one but it's not licenced to be used vaginally in this country. I did use it this way on a conti regime but I became very aware that it was making me very sore. I can only think it was the outer casing that caused the discomfort. It has improved a lot since I stopped.
Other women on the forum get on fine using it vaginally.....trust me to be odd.

If you take it orally then it's to be on an empty stomach and at night because it can make you sleepy which could be an advantage if you have sleep issues.

Honeyb
X

Cassie

Re: Advice on utrogestan
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 02:54:41 PM »

It works a treat, used, vaginally, same one can be taken orally or pv but it does not bypass your liver if you use it from the bottom up and I find less side effects. All the best. x