Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: your thoughts and advice plz  (Read 6601 times)

Delilah

your thoughts and advice plz
« on: August 29, 2013, 08:41:01 AM »

Hi ladies

I need to make a decision on whether or not to take a chance and change my hrt and would really appreciate your thoughts and advice.

Ok so i've been taking femoston 2/10 now for 2 years. It took a long time, about 18 months, to achieve some quality of life so i'm very nervous to change and risk losing that.  However i keep wondering if i could be feeling a lot better than i am.

I still wake very suddenly every morning about 7ish with a huge adrenalin rush, cant go back to sleep no matter how tired i am, these rushes just keep coming, i'd love a lie in!!  So up i get.  Then for about an hour or so i feel very low and anxious. This gradually lifts and the rest of the day is not too bad. 

I have to say this is a huge improvement on how i was 2 years ago, a quivering wreck, but should i expect to be better than this by now or just be grateful for what i've got?

I have thought about changing to a patch as the systemic approach seems kinder to your body, i dont have any problems with progesterone but have read up on utrogestan as a possible alternative.

I'm 51 and could be still having periods, i'm not sure where i am with my owncycle so all these ups and downs could be linked to that. Has anyone experienced these early morning lows and sudden waking but found they disappear after a few years, maybe when periods have finally stopped? I would stick with my current hrt if this was the case and make the change when i'm post meno and swapping to a conti hrt.

Sorry if i'm rambling on a bit, i'm just a bit anxious about what to do for the best. Your thoughts would be really helpful.

Thanks all
Delilah x
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 09:08:26 AM by Delilah »

Rowan

Re: your thoughts and advice plz
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 08:53:10 AM »

Delilah not sure that changing your HRT will especially if you settled on it and its doing what you want it to do.

Here is a link to morning anxiety, its more to do with the adrenals and thyroid.

http://talentdevelop.com/articles/UEMA.html

Kathleen

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 09:08:56 AM »

Hello Delilah.
I can't help you with your specific question but I do sympathise. I've only been on HRT for three months and due to see GP to ask for a change as I'm struggling with PMT symptoms. However I wonder if I should persevere for longer and see what happens and like you I keep thinking that I should feel better than I do. Maybe this whole menopause process takes longer than we'd like and that applies whether we take HRT or not. All very frustrating, no wonder I'm in rotten mood!
Take care.
K. 

ellie66

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 11:21:29 AM »

Yes I am on Femston 2/10 and my GP suggested patches but patches are not for me for reasons I can't go into. We are thinking about bioidentical hormones for which Nick Panay suggests testosterone gel as well. My GP is a colleague and I am seeing on Sunday but I am wondering how do I tell him that another GP a mutual friend of both of us has told me testosterone my make your clit grow. Yes I am being very serious my GP friend really did say that!  :drunklaf:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 03:47:41 PM »

OH Ellie: my GP told me it would make my voice deeper from which there is no return   - on the subject of clitoris, you don't want a situation where it feels irritated all the while  ;)  ........ there really is no relieve from that!

Delilah: How about eating differently - every 3 hours even in the night to keep blood sugar levels more even?  When they drop it can cause anxiety surges.  I understand about the low mood, I was like that for years, lasted until mid-morning  :(

Limpy

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2013, 07:00:36 PM »

We are thinking about bioidentical hormones for which Nick Panay suggests testosterone gel as well. My GP is a colleague and I am seeing on Sunday but I am wondering how do I tell him that another GP a mutual friend of both of us has told me testosterone my make your clit grow. Yes I am being very serious my GP friend really did say that!

The negative aspects of a bigger clit being........................?

ellie66

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2013, 07:31:53 PM »

Limpy good point!

Taz2

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2013, 09:23:00 AM »

I haven't heard of this happening in women using it for hormone replacement but it is known in transgenders. The clit grows to resemble a very small penis - which is what it would have been if the baby had been a boy and not a girl. The amounts needed for this are far higher than anything we would use ourselves apparently.

There are other ways of enlarging though if anyone needs to  :)  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clitoral_enlargement_methods

Taz

Delilah

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2013, 03:01:58 PM »

Hi ladies and thanks for your replies.

I think the anxiety and adrenilin may be linked to low blood sugar, the link you posted silverlady did ring some alarm bells. I've been trying to lose some weight lately and haven't really been eating anything in between evening meal and breakfast. Mind you the reason i'm trying to lose weight is due to me pigging out for the last year or so and eating all hours and i still had the early morning rushes. I'm hoping this will all just stop in time as everything settles back down.

Did your low moods eventually lift CLKD? Hope you're not still suffering.
Ellie66, why the testosterone gel? Is that just for low libido or is it used for other purposes too. How are you getting on with the femoston, it took quite a while to get improvements but i was encouraged to stick with it by another lady on here who also found it took a year or so of continued improvements. Its so hard to know sometimes whether to persevere or try a different hrt.

Kathleen, i can sympathise completely. Which hrt are you on? As you said its hard to know whether to stick with it a bit longer or try another. It would be nice to have some idea how long its all likely to last,  it would give us some hope that the light at the end of that tunnel is going to come eventually.  :sunny:

Thanks all and take care.

Delilah x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2013, 03:13:21 PM »

My early morning low moods plagued me for years.  Then the GP gave me a different medication regime and as I self medicate I am much better - thank you.  If my brain feels depressed for 3-4 mornings I up the doseage for a week. Give it some TLC  ;)

Erect clitoris can need constant release - not easy on the bus, at work, in the cinema, at lunch  ::)

Taz2

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2013, 07:30:54 PM »

Bigger doesn't mean erect though - it just means.. bigger while at rest... sort of..

Taz  :)