Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: emotionally detached  (Read 21628 times)

lily

Re: emotionally detached
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2013, 09:01:43 PM »

I think we do become a bit more introspective at this time in our lives with all the changes we are going through and it does make us a bit more detached some of the time.  I still like when it's a special occasion and the family all get together but can't be bothered arranging anything on an ordinary weekend.  I was on my own most of today and had a lovely day doing a bit of what I wanted to when I wanted as well as fitting in some chores (feel guilty if I don't  ::))  I've been feeling so tired lately that it's hard to find the energy to interact much with anyone, but I've always been on the quiet side so maybe I can get away with it without them feeling like I'm absent?

Pauline

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2013, 06:05:46 PM »

I've never been a party animal anyway but I can relate to the feelings of remoteness in my family life. My husband is a real good egg and is very understanding but I think hormones play such a pivotal role in our psychological as well as physical state that these feelings are entirely natural for some.
I'm quite happy with my own company and it's good to please myself more after having spent years pleasing others.
Emotionally the years up to and around the menopause are a real rollercoaster and that can be very hard both to experience and to live with sometimes.
Good luck to you all.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2013, 02:04:41 PM »

:thankyou:
Pages: 1 [2]